The 'gardener' grows quickly

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Kiasmum, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

even if some of my flowers don't!!

Ziima put on 3kg in 3 weeks!!! The vet said he is absolutely spot-on for weight though and he still has ribs to feel.With the amount of playing it is hardly surprising that he eats such a lot. The closest I get to gardening at the moment is watching the whole team chewing on grass :). Oh and Ziima has now moved his attention to the chive flowers :rolleyes: It's a good job that we love him.

IMG_1290.jpg IMG_1313.jpg IMG_1353.jpg IMG_1462.jpg IMG_1444.jpg IMG_1465.jpg IMG_1467.jpg

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What great photographs!! The first one is my favourite. It's so good that little Ziima gets on so well with your other Samoyeds and obviously loves to play and hang around with them.

Kiasmum likes this.
  3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I never wished I could hug a set of photos... until now! Does the Samoyed breed lose a lot of hair KM? Sounds like a nightmare if they do.

Kiasmum likes this.
  4. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

Hmm,the short answer is "yes" Frank.:D The term that is commonly used is "shedding the coat" and the first time it happened with Buddy I though there was something wrong with him!!Our entire ground floor turned white almost overnight and we lost sight of the carpet.In addition to that I was combing out bagfuls of the fine,downy undercoat as well. It was almost like having a spare Samoyed. Thankfully in males at least,it only happens once a year but for females it happens twice! If I am particularly unlucky they both coincide:rolleyes: .Nowadays we get them to the groomers on a more regular basis as they have no patience with my efforts and I don't have the back or facilities to cope with bathing and more importantly,drying them.

Eileen, the photo with Nyla is a beauty isn't it. They are related,as Nyla's littermate,Darla,is Ziima's mum.So technically she should be Aunty Nyla. He has settled in remarkably well,just as we hoped and more.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Haha, white carpet installed without your permission :D
    On a more positive note however you can have lots of hair to help the birds build their nests.

Kiasmum likes this.