The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday afternoon all! Currently -1°C and overcast. What a crazy couple of days! Yesterday our septic tank pipe froze up from all this cold weather, then we had a power outage. The internet went out, we had problems with our bathroom light and things kept going missing around the house. I was starting to think there was a ghost that had moved in! I had to drive my son back to school this morning after a week home (that was nice!) and by the time I came home the septic pipe had thawed, the power and internet was fine, the bathroom light switch had been replaced everything lost was found. Phew! Now I am going to sit down with a stiff drink, I think I deserve one! :setf_056:

2. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -6°C and windy. It's finally out of the minus double digits and I couldn't be happier! I need to sit and ponder my day over a few cups of coffee I think. Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning and back to work. The weekend weather was yucky. Foggy drizzly. Haven't seen the sun since I don't know when! Oh well... at least yesterday was warm with temps nearly reaching 70F. I managed to get a couple little projects done and finally got my daylilies fed. Today isn't much better... and a little cooler with a high only expected to reach 60F. Rain and clouds all week and then back down to freezing by the end of the week. Our last frost of last winter was March 7th. Maybe it'll be the same this year?

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I'm tired of winter. I'm tired of overcast skies, drizzle, and cold! Now that I have that off my chest I can say that I planted Mexican Buckeye seeds today, up-potted some basil, and have a coffeecake in the oven. If it weren't for my seedlings and houseplants I'd go nuts waiting for spring!

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I was thrilled to see the overcast this morning, wish we had some drizzle to go with it. Much rather this weather than the threat of tornadoes when it warms up this time of the year.

I was thinking about cleaning the house today, but like the plaque in the kitchen says I think I will lay down until the thought goes away.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Cloudy and drizzly here today! Only in 40's so far. Nothing to do outside now. Maybe feed the birds. They are finding it cold, too. Crud has been visiting our house this week. Had to buy more kleenex this morning!

dooley

7. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast. Warming all the way up to near the freezing point this afternoon and so a freezing rain warning has been issued. I just hope it starts AFTER the school bus has dropped off all the kids! Today I'm helping my daughter with her tax return ... hoping she gets a refund! Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Guess what? Another foggy drizzly start to the day. Who stole our sunshine? :smt022
    Oh well... at least it's warm... temps from mid50s to mid70s.

9. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C and sunny. Looks like a decent day ahead! Baking some buns today, as requested by my daughters, but I had to warn them no to get too used to home made buns. Spring is coming and then I will be out in the gardens rather than in the kitchen! Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Gray skies again this morning. Temps might even reach 80F. But wait.... there's a front on the way. Rain this evening with temps dropping to the freezing mark by the morning and not even expected to reach 40F tomorrow. Oh the difference a few hours can make around here.

11. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Hey it snowed last night, it wasn't supposed to do that! But it won't last long, they're talking 60's by Monday.

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We have 44 deg and drizzle, a front is coming through this afternoon so tonight's temp should be in the low 20's and if it's still raining there could be more ice/snow mix by tomorrow morning. Then the skies clear, the sun rules supreme, temps go up and that will be that.

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We woke up to dense fog (according to the local meteorologist, it was to disperse by 6 a.m.) which finally lifted about 10 a.m. when it started to rain. Now we have high winds, rain, and the temperature is dropping. Dang it, this is not the Texas I moved to!
    My husband and I spent the morning putting spackle on the grooves in the paneling, and now I'm thinking of thawing some soup and crusty bread for dinner.
    I hate winter, especially when it lasts more than four days!:mad:

14. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -19°C and sunny. I do hope that is the last time this year that I wake up to those temperatures! A bit of a warming trend this weekend - we may pass the freezing mark! Off to do my errands and shopping this morning, and maybe I'll hit up the thrift store in town. I'm still looking for small canning jars. Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Yesterday's high was 84F. That front roared through here around 2am with howling winds and rain, almost one inch. It looked like more since the ground is so saturated. Still drizzly and windy and the high isn't expected to reach the 40s. Then colder tonight and tomorrow. More rain headed here for the weekend. I need some sunshine darnit!:smt076