The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently -19°C and sunny. There was a beautiful sunset last night and the most amazing full moon. I do hope this moon has gotten us over the worst of the cold weather! Starting to put my house back together since the painting projects began last week. One big project left ... the living room ceiling! Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday morning. Yep Netty... that was a gorgeous full moon. which meant we had clear skies finally last night. Good because we've been under cloud cover for practically the entire week... bad because it let the temps drop down to freezing this morning. Ice on the windshield, but that's about it. The only plant I was concerned about was the peach tree... it's blooming now. I think it will be okay since it was just a light frost. Today looks like its going to be pretty... mostly clear skies and temps in the mid50s. If I get one sunny day this weekend, I'll be a happy girl.

3. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -8°C and overcast, with a bit of light snow falling. The forecast is slowly warming up, and by Monday we will have temperatures above freezing! Yippee!! Some of this snow might FINALLY start to melt! Skating today and then some shopping later. Have a great day all :)

4. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast with passing flurries. The clock went ahead an hour last night and so I am a little 'off' today. But it will be nice to have daylight a little longer this evening. Lazy day ahead today I think, have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

Good Sunday to yall May God bless you and yours today. It's posed to warm up to 60 or so today and it has finally dried some so we plan to go out and play in the yard this evening hopefully stick a few things in the ground.:)

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. It's foggy and misty out this morning, might actually rain later today and tomorrow. Then we have 70's coming later in the week.

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -4°C and clear. It was hard getting my daughter out of bed for school this morning as it was still dark. She didn't believe me that it was time to get up!:dizzy:
    We are finally painting the living room ceiling today! Also I need to make some buns, and finish the laundry. I think I might hang my laundry outside to dry. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. I finally got the back flower bed all cleaned up and the soaker hose positioned. I wanted to at least try to mow down the weeds, but the ground is still too mushy. Then it started to rain that evening. And Sunday... nothing but rain. I didn't even get out of my pajamas or go outside. Today... guess what? Still raining! And it's supposed to last all day. With the stupid time change, it was too dark to slosh out to the rain gauge before coming to work. My guess is that we have around 2 inches of the stuff... with the possibility of a couple more before the day is over. I know one thing, I'll have to replace my windshield wiper blades soon if all this rain doesn't stop!

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Gee I wish rain was the reason we had to replace windshield wipers.....ours usually dry out from lack of use.

Speaking of rain, it is doing just that this morning. Heavy sprinkles and only 1/4th inch in the gauge but it's supposed to continue all day so hopefully there will be more. Between the ice, snow and rain early last week we have had 1.5 inches for the month so far.

10. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

Yesterday it got to 70 and we spent a wonderful day in the yard sticking stuff in the dirt:). Peggy kept saying "you gonna water this aint ya". "We always water when we plant stuff" I told her not ho wory the good Lord would water it for us and thats the best water anyways. Sure enough a gentile rain has been falling since very early this AM. Hope yall have a great day.

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I'd say "good afternoon" but it's pouring buckets of rain outside. It's not a light rain and it started yesterday and picked up during the night. I had to go into town this morning and I couldn't see too far ahead due to the rain and the wipers were working full speed. I checked the rain gauge and since yesterday morning there was three inches. That was about three hours ago. I'm afraid to go look at it now. I'd probably drown on the way. Hopefully it will be done by tomorrow.

dooley

12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Dooley, I share your pain! We woke up to yet another rainy morning, and it has rained off and on all day. We've had 2 3/4" over two days, with standing water in the garden paths and an overflowing pond. Aren't we supposed to be in a drought?
    We got the final coat of paint on the dining room today (and if I do say so myself, it looks wonderful). Most of the furniture is moved back in, and some of the paintings hung. About mid-afternoon we just got tuckered out, and decided to leave the rest of the fun for tomorrow.

13. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

Happy Mon.. Is that possible? It was 63 f here today. A beautiful sunny day.just a glorious day. Enjoy!

14. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -8°C and clear. A beautiful day ahead, with highs of +8°C expected! Yippee ... that should melt some of this snow! We got the living room ceiling painted and the room got a deep cleaning. Just the windows to do and that room has been officially spring cleaned! It's going to be too nice out to be inside today, so I may switch my cleanup to the outside today. Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Checked the rain gauge when I got home... 3.25 inches. And it rained all evening, so maybe got another 1/2 to 3/4th inch? Today is cloudy, but the rains have moved off. Temps from mid50s to mid60s.