The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -4°C and sunny. Off to do my errands and shopping a day early this week. Just realized this weekend is Easter and so I have extra shopping to do, as well as picking up my son from school tomorrow. Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Temps from upper 60s to low 80s. Slight chance of afternoon rain.
    It was finally dry enough to start mowing the pasture. My cousin will have to come with his tractor and do the majority of it. It's just too thick and tall for the riding mower.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We had some thunder and sprinkles about an hour ago, not much of anything on the radar near here so I guess that's our excitement for the day.
    I got the shade bed cleaned out, moved a couple of plants and got some Hosta roots and Spiderwort plants in the ground. It needs mulch next week.

4. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 4°C and overcast. Today is going to be unseasonably war - 17°C - but rain possible. I was hoping to get my windows done today so I can get to work outside! I think if I get my gardens raked out I should be able to order some soil to topdress. The only catch is I have to finish my house work FIRST, other wise it will never get done! Hows that for cleaning motivation? :rolleyes: Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. toni

Good morning all. Netty, life is really too short to make your self clean windows before doing anything in the garden. Besides for your own mental and physical health you need to be breathing fresh air, letting your body soak up as much Vitamin D as it can from the sun and probably mentally singing a happy song while doing it. Windows, I have found, will always be dirty no matter how many times you clean them and really just how many times does looking through a sparkling window give you as much pleasure as gazing on your clean, weeded, newly planted garden and the first bloom of Spring.

Today I think I will finally get the small bed under the front window refurbished. It's mostly shade but does have a few sunny moments in late summer afternoons. And I have some pots to get seeds into.

6. Netty

Haha, so true Toni! But one of my pet peeves is dirty windows, and so once a year I take them all apart and clean them. There really isn't much I can do out in the gardens just yet anyway. It sure will be nice to look out my sparkling clean windows and see the beautiful blooms of spring - when it finally gets here! ;)
    Good Friday morning all, currently 4°C and sunny. I walked 2 km with the dog first thing this morning, what a beautiful morning it is! All I could hear was the birds singing, a sound I miss all winter long! I have the whole family home this weekend, and we will have a nice dinner. Tomorrow I am going to a Garden Show with a friend .. I am VERY excited about it! Off to have my morning coffee, have a great day all :)

7. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. There's a chance of rain this afternoon. Temps are nice with highs still in the low 80s. I'm slowly getting all the pots of left-over stuff that was over-wintered repotted. That's my main chore for the weekend. And I really must get out the weed-eater. The grass/weeds don't look like they need mowing so I have no excuse to not get that chore done first thing Saturday.

8. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

Hope everyone is having a good day. It is cold here today,only 25f. Hopefully it will warm back up. So how is your day. Going?

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -8°c and sunny. With the north wind, it is really COLD out there! I'm up bright and early to meet a friend to go to the Peterborough Garden Show! It's going to be a great day, and yes, I have already packed the camera. This is my first time to this particular show so it will be nice. Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. The wind has been gusting all night. And it's a bit cooler today, only 60F right now and overcast. Today's main chore... up & repotting. I see things blown over out there. And I really must get that edging/trimming done. I just keep putting it off.
    Gonna put a ham on the smoker today so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow since there's a chance of rain then.

11. Netty

Good Sunday morning all, and Happy Easter all! Currently -4°C and overcast. We had a bit of snow overnight, but nothing to get too upset about.
    I'll be making a big dinner tonight and it is going to be a busy day! We had a great time at the Garden show yesterday, but it was PACKED and there was no space to stop and take photos. I did come home with some seeds, 3 new Hosta and an iron garden ornament. Great day, I was exhausted last night and was in bed by 7! Have a great day all :)

12. toni

Good morning all. Rainy and cool this morning, right at an inch in the really large rain gauge out front....didn't expect that. The radar shows it all to be moving steadily east and north now and clearing out here. So .... but that's more than half of what we got for the whole month of April last year and we have a rainy week in the forecast. What a unique concept....rain on a semi-regular basis. It really has me wondering when the great faucet in the sky will get rusted shut for months.:suspicious:

13. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning and Happy Easter. Overcast here with about a 40% chance of rain. Temps will be in the low 70s.
    Back to up-potting. I used up the 2 bags I had already and then had to return to the store for 6 bags of soil. 4 down, 2 to go.
    If the rain stays away long enough, I want to go get the foil wrapped around the pecan trees before the dang worms return.
    And I need to start my routine of spraying the peaches.

14. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 0°c and overcast. Well, after a LONG winter of having Hubby home, he is off to his new job this morning! I am beyond thrilled to get back some sort of routine, and it wont be long before I am back to work too. Today I have to take my son back to school and get my daughter to her first 'Spring Skate' session. It will be back to usual tomorrow after the school bus comes! Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Back to work for me to get a little rest. :)
    I got most everything repotted before the rain set in yesterday. Was more like a constant drizzle, just enough to keep me inside, but not enough to really water anything. Today should be mostly sunny with the highs reaching 80F again.