The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 4°C and overcast. I am off to work, but it's my early day because of skating. I do hope I have enough time after that to spray my apple trees. Have a great day all :)

2. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 5°C and sunny. Got my trees sprayed this morning, and now it's off to work. I have an interview with a potential new assistant, I do hope it works out. I need help!!! Have a great day all :)

3. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

Happy Tuesday everyone. Hope everyone has a happy gardening day. It's going to be warm and sunny here today. Maybe 80 f. I'm going to do a little gardening but not much. I'm waiting for some plants to arrive.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Another overcast and sprinkley day....I am LOVING April this year. The lakes and water reservoirs from which the city water supplies come for all of north Texas are actually filling up after reaching the less than 10% full level last year. Some cities are easing up on watering restrictions....one city was down to twice a month now residents can water twice a week. The drought hasn't been completely broken, that determination depends on what the summer and fall are like for this year.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We had another wet and sprinkley day, too. I think I'm growing moss between my toes, and mold in my ears! I haven't been able to get into the vegetable gardens for over a week, and Lordy, does it show! Our aquifer is charged (yeah, like a raging bull!) and walking the paths around the pond is a slog through a bog.
    Since I was pretty much confined to the house, I baked cookies and put bread to rise. If the rains don't stop and I can't get into the gardens, our freezer is going to overflow with baked goods. Recreational baking is fun, but I need to do some recreational weeding and harvesting of herbs and lettuces.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was sunny and 65 here today. We went out and walked. We sold our truck before we moved here so we walk or ride the bus everywhere we go. We walked to WalMart this morning. It's about a mile. We walked to and from the bus which combined is about half a mile. We walked around and around. I've lost almost 14 lbs since we moved here. I need to lose a bit more to bring me down to an acceptable (to me) level. I gained weight when we lived in Texas. Too much good southern cooking.
    dooley

7. Netty

That is EXACTLY what happens over here during the winter months! I can't go play outside, so I play in the kitchen! Breads, muffins, sweets, new recipes ... and the next thing you know, the scales are screaming! Haha Spring time is DIET time! ;)

8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 4°C and sunny. Off to work where spring clean up continues, and I get a new assistant today. It is also DH's birthday today, and that reminds me that it must be Toni's birthday too! Happy Birthday Toni :)

9. toni

Thanks Netty, tell your hubby Happy Birthday from another hard headed Taurus :rolleyes:

Sunny and chilly this morning. Yesterday was the coldest April 28th north central Texas has ever had....officially it was 57 deg for a high. Supposed to have gotten down in the to high 40's overnight, don't know if it did but we had the window open, fan in blowing cool air inside and it was cooler than the window AC can get it. NICE, but the last one until sometime in October.

I have more cardboard and mulch to put down out back, I am really happy with the way it's turning out. No planting, maybe a few large pots around, but I will get to put out a lot of the junque I have been accumulating over the last few years.

10. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

Hope everyone has a great day. It's going to be warm and sunny here today. About 70f.im going to plant some plants as soon as they get here.

11. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 6°c and sunny. Had a great work day with my new assistant and so I think it is going to be a great season! Busy day ahead today, but I am already so tired ... I hope it passes quickly as I am already looking forward to tonights bed time LOL Have a great day all :)

12. toni

Good sunny, mild morning all. Supposed to get into the lower 80's for the next few days then back into stormy season for a bit. Last week there were 11 tornadoes verified about an hour south of me, they were all EF-0's with wind speed 65-80 but since that wind was moving in a very circular pattern there was a lot of damage in several small towns.

Starting out a little chilly this morning but I really have to get more done in the back yard. Also want to dig up some Canna and move them to a sunnier spot, the Pecan and Hackberry trees have not reached their full growth and creating more shade every year. :eek:

13. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

I hope everyone has a great day. It's about50 f here right now, on its way to the 70s.im expecting a couple of plant orders today. Can't wait till they get here. I'm going to have a lot of planting to do. That's ok. I'm getting my gardens the way I want.happy gardening.

14. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Geez... I've been so busy getting ready for my trip this weekend, I just realized I haven't popped in here in days!
    It's been gorgeous here the last couple of days, low humidity, lots of sunshine with temps from upper 50s to mid 80s.
    Well... I'd better get back to work so I can get out of here on time to make my flight to New York City.
    Planning on visiting the "High Line Gardens" and the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. And other "normal" touristy places! See y'all when I get back.

Netty likes this.
  15. toni

Photos,.....lots of photos. And not all of them have to be plants. I have been to the state of New York but not the city.....Endicott, NY is totally different I imagine.