The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all! Currently 16°C and overcast. We had more rain overnight, and there is more in the forecast for this morning. I am getting rather waterlogged! Gardens are going crazy with all this rain, but so are the weeds. It is just too wet to get into the gardens to pull them out! It is Canada's Birthday today so I have the day off! Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. We got another inch of rain yesterday. Netty... I've got webbed feet from all the rain this year!
    There's a chance of more rain this afternoon, but at least the weekend is looking nice with only a 20% chance of that wet stuff.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Just waiting for the first 100 degree day of the season. Typically we have between 5-13 days of 100 degrees in June but none this year....I have a bad feeling about that....but the weather people have been saying that the wet and cooler than normal Spring we had will could mean a cooler than normal Summer. Yea, right and I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Yesterday was our youngest daughter's birthday, we all went to the California Pizza Kitchen restaurant and we got to meet our oldest Grandson's love interest. She is adorable and they are crazy about each other.....oh, my, goodness, I am feeling very old today.

4. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 11°C and overcast. No rain in the forecast for today, of for the next week for that matter. Our weather patterns seem to change with the calendar these days, and so I expect July to be warm and dry. I enjoyed my Wednesday off very much, but it's off to work for me this morning. Trimming day, and shrubs to prune, and of course some weeding. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Another 1/2 inch of rain yesterday at the house. The forecast keeps saying 20% chance... I don't think they know what they are doing! :)
    Hopefully it'll be dry today so I can get the mowing done tomorrow. Class reunion on Saturday.... Sunday I'll probably be too tired to do much... so Friday morning will be my time to get to the yard.

6. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently just 9°C and clear. The moon is full and big and bright. Off to work, for a day of topdressing, weeding and watering. I'm starting to sound like a broken record! The weekend is almost here, and it's going to be a nice rain free one for a change. I am looking forward to it! Have a great day all :)

7. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Another scorcher today. The house barely got cooled down so had to turn on the air conditioning for a short while to get things more comfortable inside. Doing yard work early of weeding and watering. Need to pick raspberries for freezing. It is a great berry year. Picked another gallon of blueberries last night.

8. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently just 11°C and cloudy. It's going to be a lovely day, and I hope to get lots of grass cut, and gardens weeded. I have a lot of running around to do this morning but then it's right to work. I also have some pork to can up - this is an experiment so I'll let you know how it turns out. Oh and lets not forget about the mountain of laundry waiting for me! Have a great day all :)

9. toni

Good morning all. No rain around here and coming to a thermometer near me will be the first appearance of the year of 100 Degrees...humidity is in the 70-80% range so the next month will be such a joy outside. :dislike:

But I have some plants to up-pot and that can be done in the shade before the sun hits the west side of the house. Then inside for sorting out and getting things ready to pack for youngest daughter's move for independence.

10. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Good morning all, and Happy 4th! Sunny today with a sprinkle of clouds and currently 70º.

Had an interview at Marsh this morning. The bakery/Deli manager is on vacation, but the hiring manager said he'd talk to her when she got back, seems promising. Theyre not able to offer as many hours as I need thanks to Obama's stupid law about part-timer hours, but something is better than nothing! And I can always keep my options open for another job.

Not doing much today, other than playing World of Warcraft. Maybe some Terarria (a game my bf introduced me to recently), or Wolfenstein or Zoo Tycoon xD

11. Jewell

Another hot one today. Forecast doesn't show any break in this heat. With all this 90+F weather I broke down and got some sleeveless summer dresses and at $10 a piece seemed cheap. They seem cooler than shorts and give me a variety. Usually wear sweaters and long pants all summer so a change in attire was needed. Definitely a record breaking hot summer here.

12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 13°C and foggy. I had a horrible night sleep last night. First interruption was my son calling to say that some fluid was leaking out of his car and it wouldn't drive. Picked him up and then couldn't sleep, a friend 'pocket dialed' me at 3:40 am just as I had fallen asleep, and then got up at 6am. So much for a restful weekend! Taking him to work for 7am and then figure out what to do with his car that we left parked in town. It's going to be one of 'those' days!!

13. Jewell

The house didn't cool down much over the night. More record breaking hot weather. The weather is really curbing my activities as I try to get some hedging accomplished. Have to get used to working in the early AM, sleeping or reading in the heat of the day and enjoying the late evening. My body clock is slowly adapting.

14. toni

Good afternoon all. Sorry to hear about your hot weather Jewell. Do you know that keeping the AC on but the thermostat set for a higher temp will keep you house cooler and the electric bill lower? It takes a lot of electricity to cool a house down, but keeping it cooler is cheaper and better for the life expectancy of your AC unit.

15. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 18°C and clear. It's going to be a scorcher today so it looks like I'm going to be spending the day dragging hoses at work, and at home after work. I wish I had another day of weekend! Have a great day all :)