The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. More almost 100 degree days for us this week. Not so unusual for them in Sept, but I am totally finished with the heat and drought of summer, I just can't get that point across to Mother Nature! 65 days of basically no rain in my garden.

We left town over the weekend, had to get away from the construction now that the driveway and street are usable and away from the memories of Spooky for a while. I spent most of the time watching HGTV and making plans for totally re-making my front and back gardens this fall and next Spring. Now we just have to actually HAVE some fall weather to get me started. :confused:

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning! I watered the bell peppers--the only thing producing in the garden now, and am in the process of Monday laundry. I'm making a quiche for lunch, and this afternoon I'm re-organizing our library. We have so many books!

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. I finally managed to clean up 90% of the flower beds. Why did I let it go for so long??? I got the mowing done and picked up branches etc. But didn't get to the weed eating, trimming. Darn armadillo had uprooted a few things, so luckily I caught them in time to replant.
    Temps are great... low 70s to low 90s. Slight chance of rain over the next couple of days.
    And you're looking at the new President of my High School's Alumni Association.

4. toni

Cheryl, should that be Congratulations or Commiserations?

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 19°C and clear. It's going to be another hot one! I have to give a garden tour at work today, I haven't done one in several years. I have to admit, I am a little nervous! Have a great day all :)

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! Our weather turned bit chilly today even though the sun is shining. Given that it's the first day of Autumn it is perfect timing.
    I'm sure it will go very well @Netty !

Have a top Tuesday all :stew1:

7. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 18°C and clear. No one for my garden walk yesterday, it was just too hot out. Today, we put up the rails for our rail fence. At least until it gets too hot. Then it will be watering, weeding and deadheading. Have a great day all :)

8. Frank

Good morning all! Sorry to hear your garden tour was called off Netty.
    Hate to say it but I have started to see the first rumblings of Xmas promotions appearing on the TV. One promotional piece last week was asking to book your Santa places already :eek: It's a good thing we are having an election coming up in the next few months as that may dilute it a small bit :D
    Have a wonderful Wednesday all!

9. toni

Good morning all. Just another day of hot and dry here and at least two more weeks of upper 90's.

So I am in the kitchen cleaning up some odds and ends when the water shuts off, of course paranoid that I am the first thing I did was get on the bank's website to make sure I had paid the water bill.....I had. I just talked to the city job engineer, the construction crew broke a water main and they won't know how much is damaged until the water dept. gets out to drain off the standing water so they can see the what the damage is. So we are without water until sometime late today.....and they might have to chop up part of the newly made street a couple few feet from us to make the repairs.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  10. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday afternoon. We've been having fabulous weather here. Temps from low 70s to upper 80s and a little bit of rain.
    My plants are all looking so happy to get a break from the heat. This weekend, I'll be giving them some food to get them through the fall. I even had the urge to stop and buy some Mum's yesterday to add for some color.
    I love this time of year!! (As long as the hurricanes stay away).

11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We took the day off, went shopping, and then relaxed this afternoon.
    Frank, we saw Halloween decorations for sale, and we haven't even had Labor Day yet! Between political ads and Christmas promotions, I'll take the Christmas ads any day!
    Cheryl, how did the church bazaar go? I hope you got more help with tents, set-up, and clean up than you did last year.
    Toni, we occasionally have a "water event" when we have very low pressure, or no water at all. We keep a couple of gallons of drinking water in the pantry for those "events". Sorry about your new street being chopped up--hope it doesn't impact your driveway.

Frank likes this.
  12. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 21°c and clear. Another hot and humid day ahead. We got the rails put on the fence, and now we need to make a couple of gates and put up the deer netting. Oh the things people do to keep the deer out! Another busy day ahead with lots of watering. Have a great day all :)

13. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 19°C and clear. Another hot day with no rain, another day of dragging hoses. I am not going to complain about the heat ... all too soon it will be cold and snowy and I will be wishing for heat! I have noticed many signs of fall already! Off to work - can't wait for my work week to end! Have a great day all :)

14. toni

Morning all. The water line chopped in two by construction workers the other day was repaired about 5 hours later, we were wondering if a night in a hotel was in our future. Drinking water was not a problem, there are always bottles of water in the pantry, it was other needs that were a concern :worried:
    Our part of the street is complete, they are now working on the street around the corner and the workers all need places to park so our street is full of their trucks and cars but at least that means our street is still closed to thru traffic so it's relatively quiet out there.

We will be buying some wood today for the shelves in our bedroom. We gave our youngest my dresser when she moved and hubbies chest of drawers will become storage in the spare bedroom so all of our clothes are in a baskets stacked on the floor waiting for their new home. It's been a month so I guess it's time to finally get that project done over the 3 day weekend we have coming up.

15. Frank

Good morning all! Really fresh morning here, the air is very crisp! Big sports weekend here in our local county, flags are everywhere :fingerscrossed: Got through some weeding yesterday and I had two canine 'helpers'. Their help consisted of barking at the already pulled weeds :D
    Have a super Saturday all!