The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Temp started out around 35 this morning, the average date of first freeze for here is Nov 22, but it didn't happen this year. Might next weekend.
    Takes more than a snow storm to make me clean house, but today is one of those days. I don't know why the mood struck me, I guess it's the crunch of the leaves ..... on the livingroom floor that brought about a sense of guilt.

Netty likes this.
  2. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

That comment, being rather unexpected coming from you, elicited a good chuckle for me; thank you for the chuckle..
    Hank

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -5°C and sunny. We have a few centimeters of snow on the ground, that I hope the sun will melt away quickly. Cleanup to do today, and then I think I'm going to start a Christmas shopping list. If I'm organized I won't spend too much, right? :shrug: Have a good day everyone.

4. toni

Good morning all. Leaves are still crunching on my floor, I realized that I have a couple of holiday gifts to finish knitting so I worked on those instead....the floors will always be dirty, but finishing the gifts has a deadline.

Hank, I am one of those housewives who clean just enough to keep the health department off my back and usually just before expected company arrives. If unexpected company furrows one eyebrow or rolls even one eye, they get handed the broom and dust pan.

We bought one Christmas gift over the weekend, I was going to be very organized and start shopping early but then both vehicles ended up needing some fairly major repairs this fall and when we got rain for the first time in 5 months we found that the roof was leaking. :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, we must have hit the "cleaning syndrome" at the same time. I literally had leaves on the kitchen floor after the big wind on Saturday--patio door open to get outside, leaves come inside! Fortunately, our county has no health department . . .
    I cleaned the ovens today in anticipation of doing some very serious cooking and baking in the coming month. I'm really looking forward to days in the kitchen, doing recreational baking!:setc_029:

6. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -2°C and sunny. It's one of those cold, snowy mornings that makes for a beautiful sunrise. Cleaning house and doing a little cooking today... squash casserole and some schnitzel for supper tonight. Also have some Kale still growing out in the garden, maybe some of that with supper too! Have a great day all :)

7. toni

Good morning all. Today and tomorrow are supposed to be our last dry and warmish days for the week, then two warm and wet days followed by three cold and wet days.
    We have decided to make today a junque shopping day. Haven't been on one in ages, I really don't need anymore junque but you never know what remarkably wonderful piece of junque may be just sitting and waiting for me to discover it and bring it home. :rolleyes:

Netty likes this.
  8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -2°C and sunny and another beautiful sunrise this morning. A milder day ahead, I suspect the snow will be gone by noon. I have some work to do outside today so I will take advantage of the milder weather. Skating class tonight, which I am looking forward to. Have a great day all :)

9. toni

Good morning all. Overcast and warm today, supposed to reach 71 today and tomorrow.....wrong, this is November, I expect cold weather and at least rain. But then I do sometimes forget to be realistic in my expectations, we have had years with absolutely no winter weather to speak of and some with ice storms all of Thanksgiving week. The trees are showing some color but it's hard to distinguish between the ones that are yellow-brown because the drought killed them and those that are yellow-brown because it's Autumn.

10. toni

Good (too early to tell actually but since I accidentally booted the cat (dark cat no lights on) I think my day is starting better than his) Morning (thankfully only once a year I get up before the sun) All (everyone).

Turkey breasts are in the oven, duck will go in later. Made the fudge pecan pie last night. Still have the deviled eggs to finish, dressing to make (it's from a box so there is no hurry there), green bean casserole to assemble, frozen rolls are on the counter thawing and I do believe that next year we will make reservations and go out for Thanksgiving dinner. Can't believe I used to cook the whole meal, everything from scratch....bought the Turkey, didn't raise it and we had my parents and Randy's family here. But I am now older, smarter and really not interested in doing a lot of cooking anymore. Some would call that lazy but I prefer to think of my aged self as being 'green' and saving energy.

I just realized that I forgot to eat supper last night. Randy goes out to dinner with friends on Wednesdays and usually brings something home for me, but I wasn't hungry so I just forgot about eating.

So how is your day going?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  11. Netty

Good Thursday morning all, and Happy Thanksgiving to all! Currently 7°C and overcast with a chance of showers today. We already celebrated Thanksgiving last month and so it is business as usual today. It's errand and shopping day for me today. The list is small so it should be quick. I am saving myself for tomorrows online black friday madness. Have a great day all, and have a piece of pie for me ;)

12. toni

I just opened the front door and there are Christmas lights on at two houses across the street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know my oldest will have her tree up and decorated by 5 o'clock tomorrow afternoon, but at least she waits until after Thanksgiving for crying out loud.

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, as I was cleaning up the kitchen last night, I noticed a glow on the horizon--the folks down the road have lined their long drive with lights, outlined the house, and draped lights on their single tree. The electric company will undoubtedly send them a thank-you card!
    I've got my day mapped out so our Thanksgiving dinner will be on schedule. Gosh, I love a day of cooking!:smt041

14. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 10°C and pouring rain. We need some rain, but I am worried that with the temperature drop they are predicting, that everything will be a sheet of ice. We were at the arena bright and early this morning for my daughters dance lesson, then it was off to school for her and home to shop black Friday online for me. I'm not finding the things I want are on sale, so I may have to wait until cyber Monday. Have a great day all :)

15. toni

Good morning all, the rain started about 3 yesterday afternoon and has only just slowed to a steady but heavy sprinkle. 4.73 inches in my gauge with chances of more through Sunday morning. The temperature will be dropping tomorrow but not low enough to cause wintery conditions.:( I was beginning to wonder if November was going to be a hot and dry one, but now at least it will be just warm but wet.