The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. CJay

CJay In Flower

Oh Thank you Marlin. But just so you know. I'm only sweet and nice on here. Out in the real world I'm psycho. Not really but yeah.

He's a great guy. I couldn't be luckilier.

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

[​IMG]

Happy Star Wars Day!

Frank and CJay like this.
  3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 5 degrees C and cloudy. A clearing day ahead and warm temperatures. Exciting news ... yesterday I put a reserve on a German Shepherd puppy!! New fur baby will come home the end of June - just on time for the end of school! We are excited to add a new puppy to our family. Have a great day all :)

CJay, Droopy and carolyn like this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, I'm so happy for you, and for the puppy! What a great life that furbaby is going to have. When the pup comes home, please post photos (lots and lots of photos!).

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh, great news Netty. Have you chosen a name or will you wait until the puppy shows you it's personality?

Droopy, I remember your older daughter had her confirmation on Star Wars Day a couple of years ago....when is your youngest one having hers?

Good morning all. Warming up so I will probably not have any excuse for staying inside today. Just looking at the list of things to do that I made last Wed sitting in the hotel in Chicago makes my mind boggle and want to crawl back into bed. But summer will be here in about 3 weeks (if not sooner) so I had better use the good days while I have them.

6. CJay

CJay In Flower

I love GSDs. When things finally calm down at work and I have more time I will be getting a pup or two. Probably two.

So yeah. Wonderful morning. Mostly sunny today. So I spent some time weeding then started making another junque pot. But now it's time for sleep. So I'll post pictures later.

Oh yeah. And I decided that it was time to start running again. I miss cross country from school.

7. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 7 degrees and clear. Getting an early start today because there is lots to do.It's also shopping day and we need EVERYTHING! Have a great day all :)

8. toni

Good morning all. Do you ever have songs just pop into your head for apparently no reason at all? Tequila Sunrise is running through mine right now and I wasn't even up at sunrise this morning. Sometimes I think I got some jukebox genes from my Dad, he was always whistling songs. He never sang but he sure could whistle beautifully. I can not whistle, but in my head I sing like an angel, in real life I sing like Joe Cocker.
    I think working in the back garden will have to wait, this house has got to be cleaned.....I just wonder who I can get to do it. :confused:

CJay likes this.
  9. CJay

CJay In Flower

It happens to me all the time Toni. I currently have Five Finger Deathpunchs "Battle Born" stuck in my head cause that was what Brent was playing when I got home.

10. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 7 degrees C and clear. We have a very warm day ahead with the high expected to hit 22 degrees C today! Another busy day ahead, but getting an early start so I can be home earlier to do some baking for my daughter and SIL to be Buck and Doe tomorrow. Have a great day all :)

11. toni

Had to look that one up Netty. Hope they have a great time tomorrow and reach their goal. We went to a Vietnamese wedding reception many years ago, the tradition was to gift the newly weds with money for the same purpose.
    Good morning all. Another really pretty morning (I reserve 'beautiful morning' for rainy or snowy days which it is not so it's just a pretty morning)
    Didn't work in the yard yesterday, got to working on yet another angle to try to find my Grandmother but I am still coming up with blanks earlier than 1926 when my Mom was born. More and more I am leaning towards alien from another planet.

12. CJay

CJay In Flower

Good morning people. I'm not accomplishing anything else today. House is clean.

Yeah. All I did was clean house. Now I'm on my porch sampling that strawberry kiwi wine. Not bad for not racking the little bit I poured today. I'll rack the rest tomorrow.

13. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 7°C and sunny. Baked 50 cupcakes, now darling daughter gets to decorate them. I am also making a giant crock pot of pulled pork to bring along too.
    Not sure when I am going to get my regular chores done, hopefully the kids will help. I also have to fill in my census form, and as usual I got the long form. Have a great day all :)

14. CJay

CJay In Flower

I totally read crock pot wrong. I should probably sleep.

But I wont.

Today is the Satan's bros annual memorial ride. They are great guys who do a lot of amazing things for our community. So I'm forgoing sleep and instead riding today.

15. toni

Good morning all. Went to the city garage sale this morning....nothing interested us so we went to Dunn's and had coffee, then on to Lowe's for dirt, compost and plants!!!
    Now to get the above settled into their new homes.