The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Welcome back Green_Numb, it has been a long time!! Nice to see you back with us.

Good morning all. Welllllll, we went to a garden center ONLY to get some Neem oil spray......but all the plants looked so pretty and I am in the process of cleaning out a neglected shade bed and of course where we parked was right in front of the shade bed plants and of course I had to wander just a little bit and of course Neem oil was not the only thing I left there with. I am such a baaaaad girl but happy with new plants.

Green_Numb likes this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 13°C and sunny. I was at the garden center too. I went to get a few tomato plants, but came out with soil, mulch, onions, a new Peony, and new variegated Lavender and didn't get any tomatoes! It was a busy day in the garden, and it will be another busy day out there today. Rototilled 4 patches in the veggie garden at the end of the day, so today I have to rake them out and plant them up. Sore shoulders from rototilling, but that's Ok. I need to be reminded of those muscles that I don't use often! Have a great day all :)

3. Green_Numb

Green_Numb In Flower

thanks Toni, Ive missed this place!

Tis 64F right now with a high of 77F today so it should be a good day to be outside. I think all the rain has passed, i managed to get some hours outside yesterday after the rain cleared up which was good.
    Im trying not to get too far behind this year. I have a habit of starting slow...
    hope everyone has a nice day.... :)

Frank likes this.
  4. toni

Good morning all. Muggy, overcast and warm this morning. Not sure what we will be doing today but I know it will be inside where the weather is more comfy.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good holiday Monday all. No holiday for this girl, off to work in a few minutes. Currently 9 degrees C and the sun is rising. I'm not impressed having to work today ... I have the whole family here under one roof this morning. But duty calls and so off I go. Have a great day all :)

6. Green_Numb

Green_Numb In Flower

morning all...
    looks like a nice day today out here, a high of 72F. Too bad ill miss it though as i just came home from working 3rd and i have to go to bed :(

I do plan on getting out there late afternoon though so i'll just make the most of what daylight i get. :)

7. toni

Good morning all. It's raining here, I didn't think the rain was going to move in until tomorrow but there it is. Gives us a chance to try out the new truck in rainy conditions.
    When our grandson totaled his old car a couple of weeks ago we moved up our plans to buy a new one to now, our old one is in the shop for some checking over and fixing up then it goes to him. We are going to Randy's folks today to show off the truck and give it some highway time. See you all tonight.

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Big happy day here on the farm! We are going to pick up our new chicks this afternoon. The nursery (clear plastic storage box with a hole in its lid, chick waterer, chick feeder with chick feed which is called "baby food" around here, lots of pine bedding, and a heat pad) is ready and waiting. The chicks will spend a couple of weeks in the house until they are big enough to move into the playpen in the new coop, then after a couple of weeks, in with the big girls to learn the ropes of being a cosseted, coddled hen. I'm so excited!

Netty, toni and Chrisle like this.
  9. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 8 degrees and the sun is rising. Off to work, started earlier hours yesterday, and so we are done by 2:30. I like those hours a lot ... now I have time to do things after work. We need rain badly though. Have a great day all :)

10. toni

Good morning all. Really humid and warmish out this morning but there are are a couple of things I really need to get done out back. Then I will get out the 'Randy's to-do list' I made to keep him occupied on his week of vacation since we are not going out of town and strongly encourage him to get started. :rolleyes: It really isn't a long list and most of the things are quick and easy, just not things I can do.

11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

It's a steam bath out there! We have temps in the 80's and with all the moisture in the soil, we have a Texas sauna. I did pick some squash and cut (probably the last) broccoli side shoots.
    I was very good--I only got up twice last night to check on the chicks. They're so darned cute! They have eaten an amazing amount of chick starter food and tossed water all over the nursery. I cleaned up this morning, but I think I'll have to change their bedding and refresh their food this afternoon. Being mama hen ain't easy!

12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 9 degrees and clear I think ... I'm getting up before the sunrise these days! Off to work, where it is container planting day. Also last skating class for my daughter for the spring session. Have a great day all :)

13. toni

Good morning all. Going junquing today see you all this evening.

14. Netty

Cant wait to see what you got Toni!
    Good Thursday morning all. Currently 18 degrees and cloudy with a slight chance of showers. We need some rain very badly! Today is a day off for me, for working on the holiday Monday, and so, after a bit of shopping, I will be heading out to my garden! Have a great day all :)

15. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

It was scorcher yesterday... I hope not today. Going to water water water the plants... and then water again.