The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was cloudy here today but 88 degrees with humidity in the 75 degree range. Tomorrow it will be 92 and also pretty humid. It may be nice here on Friday.
    I think that is tomorrow. dooley

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all (TGIF!) Currently 18°C and humid. It is going to be another hot one today! Last nights predicted rain didn't happen, and so it is going to be a day of dragging hoses. I ordered myself a few things from Amazon earlier in the week and it should be arriving today. I'm just glad its Friday, its been a long week! Have a great day all :)

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. The humidity is lower this morning but that just means the temperature will climb, dry air heats more efficiently than humid air, meaning we just might reach our first 100+ deg (38c) today after all. Two months from today is the Autumnal Equinox in north America.

4. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Beautiful sunny day outside with just the right amount of breeze to keep the weather lovely :) :)

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Already 22°C and the rising sun felt HOT today. It's going to be another scorcher today, and still no rain. I'm heading out to water the garden with the last of the water in my rain barrel and then inside to do my regular chores. Not sure I want to spend too much time out there in the sun today. I really need to catch up on my housework anyway. Have a great day all :)

6. toni

Good morning all, another day of hot, dry and ho hum weather, course it is better than Spring storms/tornadoes or Summer hurricanes.
    We officially hit 100 deg (38c) yesterday and will again today.

7. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 19°C and sunny. Another scorcher on the way today, but there is a chance of a thunderstorm. I am afraid to get too excited about the rain in case we don't get it. We are in desperate need of rain and the farmers are starting to really worry about the future of their crops. A good rain today might save things. I spent yesterday using the last of my rain water to water the veggie garden, and picking lots of zucchini. I have a batch of zucchini relish sitting in the fridge ready to cook and can up this morning. We also had stuffed zucchini for supper, and zucchini in our morning juice (don't tell hubby ;) ) We are now caught up with the zucchini's until the next picking. Have a great day all, and plese do a rain dance for us here in southern Ontario!

8. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

We are nearly half a day ahead of most of you folks on here so right now it is mid afternoon. Another very pleasant sunny day in the mid 20's. My rain dance didn't work so it is back to tap water for the plants. :like:

9. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Hot and sunny and predictions of the same for all this week.

10. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Still hot and humid here in NB. If we don't get some rain soon there will be nothing left of the garden to harvest in the fall. Giving thunderstorms tomorrow evening. Don't much care about the lightening but I'll take the rain.:worried:

Frank likes this.
  11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was hot and humid here today. We did have a thunderstorm this morning. It lasted all of two minutes but there was thunder and a flash of lightening and it poured rain. When we went out about fifteen minutes later the sidewalks and streets were dry except for a few puddles in low spots. dooley

12. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast. I was awoken by the sound of very loud thunder, and we had lots of lightening and RAIN! YIPPEE for RAIN!! The rain has changed my mood for sure, as it won't be a day of dragging hoses. It will be a day of catching up with weeding and pruning. Funny how the weeds still grow in a drought.
    Have a great day all :)

13. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 12°C and breezy. It feels cool out there and I will actually wear a jacket for the first time in a while. Off to work, where the battle of the weeds continues. Have a great day all :)
    *just noticed I didn't hit the 'post reply' button yesterday, and so I will add for Wednesday - my day will be the same. Only difference is I am taking my car in for an oil change today lol
    I am getting so predictable!

14. toni

Good afternoon. Finally got busy making some soap this morning. Got 5 different scents made and they are sitting on the table aging. Boy does my house smell wonderful. Now I am finishing off a can of Royal Dansk Danish Butter Cookies....second only to chocolate chip as my favorite.

Sjoerd and Frank like this.
  15. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

@toni - WOW - Soap!! Are you making soap from any of the flowers (i.e. like lavender) from your own garden? I absolutely adore home made soaps. So fragrant and often they just look too lovely to use :)