The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Lots cooler with rain predicated. Break from the heat wave just as I was getting used to the sunshine :)

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 15°C and clear. It is very dark in the mornings when I get up for work now... I do not like this time of year!
    No rain fell and so it will be a hose dragging kind of day. Have a great day all :)

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Our really nice rainy, cooler weather has come to an end but at least the high temps are staying down in the low-mid 90's which is definitely not August weather here.
    Next Sunday my neighbor comes home from her month long visit with her Mom and her doggie will be so happy to see her. The early day temps have been cool enough to leave him outside for a while but by about 11 he is very ready for the cool comfort of the cage inside and I think part of his excitement to get back inside is he is hoping that his 'momma' will be in there waiting for him. But we get along great and I have spoiled him as is proper for an 'aunt' to do. Guess I need to have a box of milkbones on hand from now on for when we have our over the fence chats out back.

4. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 12°c and clear with lots of stars. It is so dark in the mornings now that even the dog doesn't want to get up. It feels like fall, and I can't help but think ahead to fall decorating and Thanksgiving dinner. I have been craving roast turkey for weeks! Off to work, another day of watering and cutting back perennials and deadheading. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. toni

Good morning all. Walking out the grocery store the other day I heard a lady say "It's beginning to feel like fall"...... it is very sad to see anyone that delusional, that's the only explanation for why she made that comment down here in August.:eek:

The two books I ordered a few days ago have both arrived, I think today will be reading day.

6. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

The forecast since the weekend has been for rain BUT the sun keeps shining so so long as it holds I'll be out there enjoying the weather :)

7. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 18°C and cloudy. We had an unexpected rain last night, and so everything is watered. Ordered Chinese Food for my sons birthday dinner last night ... it was a large order (spent over $100!) and it was honestly the WORST food I have ever had. It was overcooked, flavorless, and mostly batter. I feel like I have been robbed and I was embarrassed serving to my guests. I will never order from that restaurant again! Off to work, where the watering has been done thanks to Mother Nature :)

8. toni

Good morning (barely) all. Another hot, muggy and dry day in store here. Chance of rain some place, just like the rain yesterday it was all some place else. Nothing on the radar but anything we get today will be from a temperature induced pop-up storm....they are usually heavy for a few minutes then dissipate quickly.
    Netty, I know what you mean. Our favorite Chinese takeout place was bought out and the food went downhill quickly.

9. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 13°C and clear. There are SO many stars out, the sky looks amazing! That is one of the benefits of living out in the country ... no street lights to hide the gorgeous starry sky. Off to work, but counting down to my long weekend. Have a great day all :)

10. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently just 11°c and clear. This is the first time for a long time that I dressed in pants for work! Great sleeping weather ... I slept like a rock. My alarm woke me up just before the coyotes started to howl somewhere very near by. Puppy wasn't sure what to think of all that racket!! Yesterday, my boss told me I looked tired. I have a feeling I am going to hear the same thing today as I still feel exhausted. TGIF and tomorrow I can sleep in! Have a great day all :)

11. toni

Good morning all. Temp only in the upper 70's this morning but the humidity is at 86% so the temp still feels miserable. Neighbor comes home Sunday morning so my taking care of Midnight will fall into the 'backup in case she has to work later than expected' category.....and I get to sleep late Monday morning!!

Wooohooo!!!! The local Spirit Halloween store has opened for the season, I love to go shopping there.

12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning to y'all! It's overcast and in the mid 70's. The cool feels good, the 89 percent humidity not so good. I have linens on the clothesline, hoping they will dry.
    Netty, I have to ask--the first time in a long time you dressed in pants for work--I do hope you have been wearing shorts, or something:smt105.

13. Netty

Haha, yes! It has been a very HOT summer, and so I have been in shorts since May!
    Good morning all. Currently a chilly 9°C and sunny. I have SO much work to do around the house today ... cutting grass, laundry, cleaning, tomato sauce making etc but instead I have to take my darling daughter to the mall to buy some school clothing and shoes. I do hope it wont take all day to find shoes (it usually does with this daughter!) and then I will be able to start all my work. Thank goodness it is a long weekend! Have a great day all :)

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We went downtown to the Farmer's Market this morning. We wanted some apples but I guess it's still too early for them to be ripe. Not one apple to be seen. We did manage to fill our cart with other things. Then, since we were downtown and was passing the bookstore we just had to go inside. We didn't break the budget but did manage to make a dent in it. So, guess what I did this afternoon. I sat and read a book. Now, it's time to go think about making something to eat. dooley

15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 12°C and sunny. Our shopping trip took a good part of the day yesterday, but I did get everything DD needed for back to school as well as new work pants and a new winter coat for me (at 60% off!) Today, I will have to deal with all the tomatoes that are piling up and do housework. Have a great day all :)