The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Toni - I don't want to hear that 'S' word just yet!
    MG - I didn't take any photos of my prize winning entries this year. But I can tell you that I won 1st prize for my black current jelly, beet relish, zucchini, savoy cabbage, Amaranthus, Red onions, yellow onions, garlic, and dilly beans. 2nd prize was won for carrot cake jam, echinacea, and fairy size arrangement. 3rd place for my applesauce. All in fun :)
    Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 20°C and clear. It was a very warm night and I had trouble sleeping.
    Off to work, where I am flying solo today. Have a great day all :)

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. For some reason I really slept in this morning, but that's a good thing now the hot, dry day will be shorter. The temp hit 100 yesterday with a feels like index of 105 and all indications are that today will be a repeat.
    Netty, how about Sizzle and Scorched, I can send you plenty of those right now.

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We had another nice sunny day today with a temp on 82 degrees around 3 pm. But, the next seven days on the weather forecast has either scattered showers or thunderstorms. Fall starts on Thursday, I think. I heard the weatherman say it did. I didn't look on the calendar. dooley

Islandlife likes this.
  4. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 20°C and clear. Fall DOES begin tomorrow Dooley, and our weather forecast calls for rain for the first 2 days of fall, and cooler temperatures. Sad for summer to be over even though it was a scorcher. The count down is on now ... only 10 more days until my daughters wedding! Off to work, have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We had 1.5 inches of rain during the night and there were puddles everywhere. The temps only got up to 72 today. It was cloudy all day and now the rain has started again. It said we could get another two to four inches by Saturday. It sure is dark out there already. dooley

6. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. Sure is dark out there in the morning now!
    I stopped to see my pumpkin man yesterday, to order some pumpkins and gourds for decorating at work and at the wedding. Seems this summer was a bad one for pumpkins ...The lack of rain has caused a pumpkin shortage! I'm glad I asked early as I will get pick of the crop. Off to work have a great day all :)

7. toni

Good morning all. This sitting inside knitting and reading has done a number on me. When I finally get to be outside walking and working in the garden my legs are going to start screaming at me that I am a cruel and awful person for putting them through that torture. I might get to start their cruel and awful treatment one day next week IF the weather forecast is correct and we get rain over the weekend, the temps next week should be in the low 80's. Not perfect gardening weather but after a hot and dry summer it should feel like heaven out there for me.
    I can't go out the front or back door without seeing a dozen and a half things that HAVE to be done immediately when the weather allows.
    I have a pair of wellies (black with multi-colored polka dots on them) so I will be able to slog around in the mud if I have to. And I have been making a list of all the 'rain' songs I can be singing while I am working out there.
    It has been a loooooong, hot, dry and boring summer so I had to do something to entertain my mind.

8. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 16°C and overcast. The porch is slightly wet, so we must have had a bit of rain overnight.
    It's been a long week, but Friday is finally here! I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning!
    Have a great day all :)

9. toni

Good morning all. We are going away for the weekend, not far and no junquing will be done. We just need a change of scenery to clear our heads of the horror that has been the last month and I need my HGTV fix :)
    See you all Sunday afternoon sometime

10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Have a good trip, and I hope the change of scene helps the healing process. If you happen to pass a particularly attractive junque place, feel free to stop and browse--we won't hold it against you!

11. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 8°C and sunny. A busy few days ... I've been to the pumpkin patch, the corn field, shopping, gas station, and last night an elimination car draw. Today, I will have to clean the house and get the grass cut. I also have 20 pounds of beets to can! Only 6 more days until my daughters wedding, and so it will be a busy week. Have a great day all :)

12. toni

Good afternoon all. Back home from a very relaxing weekend. Our hotel room had a fully equipped kitchen and HGTV...Randy cooked and kept my drink glass filled and I knitted and watched House Hunters, the Property Brothers, Flip or Flop and a few others. Drove home in the rain!!!!! If going away for the weekend will bring us almost 1.5 inches of rain we will be gone every weekend.
    Heading down to checkout another couple on the elevator were also there just to get away for a couple of days. They do the same as we do, every few weeks get away from the routine and turn the phone off.

Made a quick stop at the grocery store and then came home to a very lonely cat, I don't think we have one of those aloof cats.

Frank likes this.
  13. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

I like the Property Brothers show. They're great.

I love all the House Reno shows :)

Good to hear you had a great time :)

14. Netty

Sounds like a nice getaway Toni.
    Good Monday morning all. Currently 10°C and overcast with a breeze. Rain in the forecast for this afternoon. I tried on my dress for the wedding last night, first time since I bought it. With the new shoes on, the dress was too long! Off to a friends this afternoon for an alteration. Only 6 days until the wedding! Off to work first. Have a great day all :)

15. toni

Good morning all and I do mean GOOD!!! 65 degrees when I got up, overcast and another .33 inches of rain in the gauge overnight. More rain in the state today but none of it is heading my way. First chance in months to get in the yard to do some clean up so I had better get to it.

Frank likes this.