The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

Thought I'd jump in with a quick good morning, afternoon, or evening, depending on where of course. :stew2:

Frank likes this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday afternoon all. Currently 15°C and sunny. We were up and out early to skating class this morning, and now home to do cleaning and chores. 2 days really aren't enough time for weekends anymore - need at least 3 to get all the work done! Have a great day all :)

3. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 17°c and humid. The rain we were expecting seems to be staying to the west of us. I do hope it makes it here eventually.
    Another busy day ahead, with housework and 30 lbs of beets to pickle. It is my first attempt at pickled beets so I hope it works out!
    Have a great day all :)

LIcenter likes this.
  4. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

Boy do I love pickled beets! Need to finish some automotive work today before the nice weather fades away.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 13°C and overcast. Off to work to continue fall clean up. I think I have an extra helper today, which will be nice.
    Septic pumpout today, and skating tonight. Always something demanding my time lately. Have a great day all :)

6. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 20°C and overcast. We may break a temperature record today.
    Had a busy day at work yesterday, then raced home to meet the septic man, then drove off with my son to look at a car. We were hit with a nasty storm while we were driving ... strong winds, heavy rain, and hail, so bad I had to pull over to the side of the road! We may have another storm today.
    Off to work where fall cleanup continues. Have a great day all :)

7. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Hi all. Normally Tuesday is my first day off each week, but I have to work today since Ill be leaving on vacation Thursday. After work (Im off at 4), Ill be heading to the chiropractor for one last adjustment before vacay, then home to do laundry and a bit of cleanup. I have a few last things to get packed, and need to set up my personal bag (snacks, kindle, a few things to pass the time). Tomorrow after work, Ill drive my dog to my sister's place up in Indy, then any last minute cleaning. Phew. I always worry Im going to forget something!

8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently just 12°C and windy. I must have worked too hard yesterday ... I was exhausted and went to bed by 7:30! My skating class tonight, so I'd better not work too hard today hehe Have a great day all :)

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all, yet another hot and dry day in store for us.
    This morning hubby has an eye doc appt, taking measurements getting ready for the surgery next week and the week after.
    Then we have a funeral to go to this afternoon, a long time friend passed peacefully while taking a nap in his favorite chair last week. He had spent over 6 months in hospitals treating various ailments, they had him very healthy and he wanted to be at home to continue his recovery. Had been home 2 days when his heart just gave out.

10. Netty

So sorry for your loss Toni.
    Good Thursday morning all. Currently 11°C with light rain. The alarm was a rude awakening this morning!
    Off to work, for another day of fall cleanup. We are getting a lot done, but we are both burned out by 2 pm. Today we are going to try to regulate our pace.

11. toni

Good morning all. It rained last night and there was .83 of an inch in the gauge and it's only 65 degs out. The 7 day forecast shows we are finished with the 90 deg temps...hope they are correct on that at least.
    Hubby's first surgery is a week from today and they do the second eye the week after that. Both times I get to drive the 'land yacht' home afterwards...it's the Toyota Tundra we bought last May and I have only practiced driving it once a few weeks ago in an empty parking lot so that should be a fun experience. At least he won't be able to see much so there should be a minimum of 'backseat driving' coming from the passenger seat of the truck.

The funeral yesterday had it's stirring moments, our friend had been an Air Force Top Gun pilot and then a Top Gun instructor so there were members of the Air Force Honor Guard there to remove, fold and present the US flag to his widow, one of them played Taps and there was a WWII military plane that flew over and dipped it's wings to honor him. I was doing pretty good until the guy started playing Taps.

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all, and TGIF! What a week it has been!
    Fall cleanup is coming along nicely. We are over half way done, with one week to go. If we can keep the rain away, we should finish in a week with no problems.

13. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

Woooo HOooooo 6:30 in the morning and its only 68 degrees the first cool front of the year is finally here!! Visions of happy gardening and our forst play in the yard fall weekend Have me very excited. It's late this year but finally seems time to get the garden boxes ready!!!!

14. toni

Good morning all. Up and out early this morning, took daughter's car to Mondo for some repair work, had breakfast at Whataburger, then to hubby's regular doctor for results of the blood work he had done last week, then to a Half Price Books to wander and found a book I have been interested in reading, then to Lowe's for compost and veggie soil for the "first bed" out back that I am re-doing for next year (trying a veggie garden again) now home to wait to take daughter to work and then at some point pick up her car and deliver it to her. Gee, for some reason I am already tired and it isn't even noon yet:confused:

15. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

We scored 12 big bags of miricle grow garden soil on sale at lowes. I began this morning weeding the garden boxes and have 3 weeded. Every few years we get some of the good stuff to go with or compost and garden soil. Still deciding on how to handle a few things but this is the first work day since may. Summer is too brutal hot thats why I havent been posting much lately.......come to thinnk about it where is the camera?:)