The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, I do hope you feel better soon. Take care and don't overdo--your health is so important to so many people!
    I roasted more buttered pecans today, and did another batch of Parmesan crackers for Christmas baskets. Since we are in the mid-60's, I'm going out to wash windows this afternoon. The windows really need washing!
    The hens are laying now--after taking a 6 week hiatus for some reason or another, and I picked some lettuce. Three more heads of broccoli developing, so we'll have home grown broccoli for Christmas Eve dinner.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently a chilly -10°C and breezy. It was a cold dog walk this morning!
    Feeling the same today, a little stuffy and have a slight headache. Hopefully I am fighting off whatever it is.
    I got all the gifts wrapped yesterday, and made a final list of things to pick up. Christmas sure is sneaking up quickly!
    Mmmm, MG ... just thinking about those buttered pecans is making my mouth water!
    Have a great day all :)

3. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

STILL SNOWING! UGH!! We've had two huge dumps and the snow just keeps sprinkling down.

4. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -17°C and snowing. Looks like the snow is going to stay with us for a few days.
    Will try to leave shortly for my regular shopping and errand day. If the roads are too bad I may hold off.
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Cold here. Minus 4F below zero this morning. May get up to 10 degrees today. 16 degrees tomorrow with snow beginning after noon. Six inches tomorrow and six inches Saturday. Sun on Sunday but not warm. Our grandson has an orchestra concert on Sunday afternoon so hope the snow isn't too bad it keeps people away. Our son is coming for us so we will be there. dooley

6. CJay

CJay In Flower

0 degres f today. Woke up to a busted water pipe. Then five minutes before i had to leave for work i realized i forgot to plug the block heater into my truck last night.

7. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

It's only 55F today I may finally get to get out my red flannel shirts

8. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -17°C and clear. The snow and wind has finally stopped ... for now. Another snow event happening overnight and into the morning.
    I only got one of my errands done yesterday when the snow squalls hit hard, so I decided to go home. It took me 51 minutes to do an 18 minute drive. I havent driven in weather that bad for a very long time. Thank God for my AWD!! I'm going to try again this morning, to get my errands and shopping done. Have a great day all :)

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, don't risk yourself! The family can live off all your delicious canned goods for months and nothing is as important to have as you, so be careful (and that's an order:smt074).
    House cleaning today--less dusting because of the decorations and Nativities all over the place. It's foggy and misty out, so no garden work will get done. I'll find something to do!

10. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

We're still socked in with snow and in the MINUS degrees.......Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is all I can say.

I'm 'coastal' and the oceans are supposed to be MODERATING this type of cold! ;) And SNOW doesn't stay here for days on end (well usually almost always). Dreams of a warm summer day .....

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Warmer here today than yesterday but it started snowing this morning. It was lighter during the day but it's coming down a lot heavier now. We should have 10 to 12 inches more by the time it ends tomorrow. I think I will be staying in tomorrow. My walker doesn't have snow tires. dooley

12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -11°C and windy. It isn't snowing, but there is blowing snow and the sun is trying to come out.
    We went to our skating clubs Breakfast with Santa and family skate yesterday. Lots of people and good food, bake sale and raffles ... it was a fun day!
    Today, a trip to town to find a new gasket for the woodstove door, and then home to relax. Have a great day all :)

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all!!! 15 deg with a cloudless sky, hasn't been this cold here in about 2 year. This should take down the way too tired of trying to keep their strength up perennials and let them rest for a while.
    Last night we went to see this year's production of the musical Scrooge that our oldest daughter and youngest grandson are in this weekend. New director and a much better production than last year. Temp was around 60 deg when we entered the theater at 2 p.m. but only about 40 and dropping when we left at 4:30 and steadily dropped all night long. Nice to see winter actually show up....would be better with some snow, but at least this year we get winter temps.

14. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Still locked in an Artic freeze with snow falling soooo out this morning sweeping and shoveling then rushing back in to get warm.

15. Netty

Good Monday morning all! Currently -18°C and sunny. It was a COLD dog walk this morning!!
    It just hit me ... Christmas is in 6 days! I have so much to do yet! I'm going to wrap gifts today, and make a list of baking to do this week. I may have a few more gifts to buy as well.
    I don't think I've ever been this disorganized so close to Christmas!!