The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good, chilly morning to y'all! We woke up to 20 degrees, and three hours later the temperature has climbed all the way up to 24. This is NOT the Texas I moved to . . . .
    Spending the day in the kitchen, making a ham/potato/cheese casserole, a pot of chili, and applesauce to have with the casserole. My husband is sitting on a kitchen stool visiting with me while I dance around the kitchen. We have carols going on the CD player, and we are warm, safe, and content. Who could ask for more (except warmer weather)?

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -7°c and clear. It was a much nicer dog walk this morning.
    Someone told me today was the 'bird count'. Not sure who or why, but I've been counting! So far just 7 black capped chickadees, 3 blue jays, 1 cardinal, 3 starlings, 1 finch, and one big ole crow. Darling daughter has a skating test today, so I get to pick her up early from school. She would rather skate than go to school any day haha They really don't do too much at school the last few days before the holidays anyway. Have a great day all :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

It doesn't matter who or why---it is an interesting thing to do.
    Your bird counting is looking good so far.

4. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -4°C and sunny. It was a lovely dog walk this morning, so still and quiet with just the sound of my footsteps in the snow and the birds chirping.
    Daughter did very well at skaters test day and passed all 3 of her tests, now she can move up to the next level. Today, I am going to do some baking and make a final list for my shopping day tomorrow. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. While weather here has somewhat resembled Winter for a couple of days, it will be warming up again ...Sunday is to be around 70 and then again next Wednesday with a few 50's in the middle. But no rain until maybe, possibly, could be but don't hold your breath next Wednesday. With the cool/cold seasonal temps it has been difficult to remember that we are still in a drought....right now we are classified as Abnormally Dry but from the looks of the Drought Map, Moderate Drought is in the next county and Severe Drought is just two counties away. So no rain or not much heading our way we will begin next year very, very dry.

Oh, and yesterday was the Winter Solstice so now slowly, ever so slowly the days will start getting longer.

6. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -2°C and clear. Yesterday was a very busy day, finishing up my shopping and starting my baking. Today, I need to do some banking, fill up the car with gas, and finish the baking and wrapping. It's almost here!!
    Have a great day all :)

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday as much as we did and are still enjoying (left-overs, y'know). Today we are going shopping for gift bags, ribbon, all the things we used up this year. We are also going to a shop that specializes in imports from around the world. I had to promise my husband I would not buy another Nativity. For some reason he things three dozen are enough . . . .
    Have a good day, and rest up for New Year's Eve!

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently just 0°C and windy. It's been a busy week, and today I finally get to relax a little. Lots of left overs so I won't have to cook either.
    I'm really feeling the difference in my body from all the sweet and rich foods I've been eating, and so today for breakfast I got out the juicer and made fresh juice from carrots, beets, orange, apple and lemon. Delicious! Definitely going to have to go on a diet in the new year - that's how long it will probably take to get rid of all the sweets in the house!

9. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

Yall ever notice the older ya get the harder it is to recoup from a party? christmas day was wonderful temps in the 70'sF and I wore a red tee shirt with my santa hat Some of the nieghbor kids I watched grow up were back with their kids and it was a nice day. I picked several bags of citrus to share with them. After that I had a bit too much to drink sitting by the fire and am still moving slow..... Gotta get it in gear company is coming for new years.

10. toni

Good afternoon all. Two days of gifts and eating, one on the day with our kids and grandkids then down to Randy's folks to be with his family (those days have to be scheduled around the work days of 4 people and have to happen when possible) I don't have any leftovers....I left them over with the kids and down at the in-laws!!! I did bring home all the recycleables to put in our recycle barrel for pickup tomorrow.
    Today's mail brought 6 seed catalogs!!!! All have been stripped of my name and address and are in the recycle barrel. I won't even look at them for fear I will start spending next xmas's money on seeds.

11. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

We stopped by tractor suply for those of you not familiar its a old style hardware farm store. We get our Puppy food there. When I walked in it took a great deal of restraint they had a big line i the store lined on both sides by seeds. The force was strong and I resisted. .........barely:smt045

12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -3°C and lightly snowing. I had a good nights sleep, and fruit for breakfast today, but still feeling the effects of the last few days indulgence. Took the dog for a long walk, and heading out to the skating rink shortly for some exercise. Hopefully that will help.
    I've only received 3 seed catalogs this year, but that should be plenty. No fear of any seed stands popping up around here for a few months yet.

13. toni

Good morning all. Just another very warm December day here, supposed to be in the 80s so at least I can get out and cut back more perennials. Looks like I have this afternoon, Saturday afternoon and Monday to get some gardening done. After that the forecast is for more actual winter to start 2017 with.

14. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

70F out but incredibly humid. nice day I am cleaning out my fry rig from Christmas and puttering around in the yard had 2 satsumas for lunch. Doing a few odds and ends with a very long project list. I love Peggys saying "Small steps for big feats"

15. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

70!! Wowwwwwwwww to dream of the balmy climes ;)

cajuncappy likes this.