The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -7°C and snowing. Yesterday wasn't as mild as promised, but it was still a lovely day. Spent most of it outside, shoveling off the decks, playing with the dog and just 'hanging out' outside. Is anyone else noticing the longer days? Back to inside work today, and maybe some crafting. Have a great day all :)

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. We took off for the weekend, did no shopping except for food so we wouldn't have to go out....the hotel we like has rooms with kitchenettes so when we go in the door on Friday afternoon we do not go out the door until Sunday morning. The world certainly looks better after a couple of days away from it.
    I made no garden plans this time since I still have the sheets of plans made over the past couple of years with very few of the items checked off.

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, glad you enjoyed your "get away from it all" weekend! I hope some of your food shopping included special things you like, but don't have very often.
    I planted yellow onions this morning--all the cool weather plants/seeds are in, except the turnips, but I have until the end of the month to get those seeds in. My wonderful husband watered the lettuce bed and the broccoli while I was planting. Having a good garden helper is such a blessing!
    We have a cool front moving in, so the temperature has dropped from 74 to 68, and is still going lower. Rain is predicted for tomorrow and/or Tuesday, so I'll do some household chores (do they ever end?) and bake.

4. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -7°C and sunny. It snowed all day yesterday, and all night too before the winds picked up and started blowing the snow around. It's another snow day for the kids today, and it took a good long while to shovel our way out. We had some 4 foot drifts in our driveway! All is well now, have been to the laundromat and home now to get some cleaning done. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -6°C and overcast. Temperatures are on the rise and we should be above the freezing point by noon.
    I am going to have a different kind of day today ... I am heading to an arena to help my daughters skating coach teach a class of 60 first graders to skate! Should make for an interesting day and I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight! Have a great day all :)

6. toni

GOOD morning all....it may not be very cold outside (47 deg) but it is RAINING. First significant rain in 24 days, I would rather it be snow but my plants and I are doing our Snoopy dance this morning. It is lightly snowing up in the Panhandle but no chance of it reaching here.
    AND we have only one more house payment left on our mortgage so by the end of the week the house will be paid off. We have a 30 year mortgage so it seemed like this day would never get here...but we never have thought about moving so it was inevitable that the day would come.

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Hurrah, Toni! Are you going to throw a mortgage burning party? If so, I'll be there with you in spirit--wonderful feeling to be free and clear.
    We have rain, also. An inch so far, and the gardens are loving it (so am I, since I won't be able to get into any of the gardens until the mud dries a bit, and my sore muscles will have time to recuperate).
    Morning in the kitchen--a custard pie, and four loaves of onion/basil bread so far. I love a day in the kitchen!

8. Netty

Congratulations!! That is amazing!!
    Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -4°C and clear. We had a light dusting of snow last night and everything looks SO pretty. Yesterday's skating adventure was fun, and didn't wear me out so I might help again next Tuesday. Today just clean up around the house. Have a great day all :)

9. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast. The temperatures are on the rise, and we will have warmer temperatures for the next week. That should help melt a lot of the snow and hopefully help to fill our well back up. We are off shortly to a skating competition where my daughter will be competing. This is the second last competition for her this season.
    That means spring is getting close :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

There have been European and World skating championships lately. One took place here and the other one was in Korea, I believe. That was last weekend. Speed skating is my favourite sport.

11. toni

Good morning all. Our temps are warming up again, should be in the 70's for the next few days and even into the 80s by late next week. I am now on a count down (earlier than some years) of how many days I have left to get garden work done before I have to hibernate for the summer...I am betting I have until about mid-April to get it all done...if I am lucky. And it doesn't appear that I will have to stay inside because of rainy days cause there aren't any in our forecast before the end of this month.

12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 3°C and sunny. Yesterday was a gorgeous day ... sunny and 10°C! Spent the day outdoors enjoying the spring like day and playing fetch with the dog. Had a fabulous BBQ'd dinner and enjoyed a few adult beverages as well. Today is going to be a repeat of the weather, and I couldn't be happier! Have a great day all :)

13. toni

Good morning all. Yesterday the temp was 82 today should be 76, oh wow what a cool down....not. Oh, well, I am stuck with it.
    We have a slight chance of rain later today and into tomorrow but I am not holding my breath as the forecast is for the whole area but not supposed to be widespread.....so we will see.

Final house payment has made it through the bank, we checked the mortgage companies website yesterday to see if there was any further information on it about the process but we got an Account Closed notice. That took us by surprise but when the knowledge of what it meant actually hit us it felt so strange and we walked around smiling alllllll day. Now comes waiting for the final papers from them and a trip to downtown Dallas to finalize the whole thing sometime next week.

Frank likes this.
  14. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

CONGRATS on the "Account Closed" notice! TERRIFIC!!!!!! ;) :)

15. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Awesome Toni, congrats to you both!