The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast. Rain in the forecast today, and warming temperatures.
    It was a lazy day yesterday, and so today will be a busy day to catch up with the housework and laundry. I'm back to doing laundry at home now that the well is full, so I'll be multitasking!
    Have a great day all :)

2. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 8°C, raining and windy.
    I'm off to help the skating coach with a large class of 1st graders this morning. Should make for an interesting morning :)

3. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 4°C with sun and wind. Weatherman says we will have very strong wind gusts later this afternoon.
    Had a good time with the skating class yesterday, but today it's back to cleaning and bookwork.
    11 days until spring :)

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. The temp is very slowly going up, should be around the mid-70s by late afternoon but with the sun shining brightly and no leaves on the trees yet, the cooler temp will make it much more enjoyable for working in the yard this morning. I need to work in an area that is full sun most of the day so my time there is very limited during typical spring weather.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Our weather roller coaster continues ... currently -8°C with sun and winds blowing. It's going to be a frigid weekend!
    March break officially begins today, and so we will be spending a lot of time at the arena.
    But first, a game of ball with our hyper dog! Have a great day all :)

6. toni

Good morning all. Heading down to Randy's folks for the day, his Mom's 81st birthday was yesterday but today is our first chance to get down there. We have a really tart Lemon Tart and a Peach Pie to take...no I did not make either one. Central Market makes really good tarts and pies so why should I attempt and fail at making either. o_O At least this way there will be desert.
    See you all again this evening.

7. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -14°C and sunny. It was a COLD dog walk today!
    I'm going to spend the day preparing for the next blizzard, that is slated to arrive tomorrow and last well into Tuesday. We are expecting between 15-25cm of snow.
    I'm going back into hibernation ... wake me when spring gets here!

8. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -9°C and overcast. Winter storm warning in effect today, and they are now predicting 10-15cm of snow, which is less than originally predicted. I hope it's even less. March break has begun and in true teenager fashion my daughter is sleeping in. I'm going to enjoy this quiet time planning my garden. Have a great day all :)

9. toni

Good morning all. Humid and chilly this morning and yet no rain in my garden....again. Don't think I will be in my garden today either.
    Laundry beckons me....I shall pretend I do not hear it's call, afterall the underwear drawers are not empty yet.
    I have been released from my play duties by the cat, we were playing at his request (demand) but he has now tired of that activity. Got him a new litter box (with a dome this time) and a new water fountain this weekend. He did take to the litter box right away (thank goodness) but the water fountain not so much. He would still rather drink out of the table fountain in our bedroom instead. We unplugged the new one in case the sound it made was keeping him away and last night he did actually start drinking from it. In a few days we will plug it back in and see what happens.

10. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Gettin' ready for the snow today... ugh. I am ready for Spring.

11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Monday morning and it's raining--not hard, just enough to keep us inside and fussy! Doing laundry and some light cleaning (Netty, you inspired me). I'd like to bake, but our freezer overfloweth and we can eat just so many casseroles. Maybe later I'll go out and irritate the hens--that's always fun!

Netty likes this.
  12. Netty

Glad I could help MG ;)
    Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -11°C and overcast, with light snow starting.
    On my dog walk this morning , I discovered that our very large 'puddle' has frozen over and has an incredibly smooth surface. Now I know that skating on ponds with a figure skaters 'good' skates is usually frowned upon, but my skater doesn't have any pond skates at this time. How could I NOT let her when is such a nice, large surface right here in our yard and it's March break? I'll let my skater make the call! Have a great day all :)

marlingardener likes this.
  13. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

netty if the ground underneath isn't frozen it will drain and be hollow... been there done that.. so not fun to a kid... but maybe it will be solid.

14. Netty

It's solid Carolyn. Temperatures have been VERY low, I checked it myself. If it can hold the dog and I, it can hold my daughter! We ended up with company yesterday, so there was no skating done. Temperatures are at -22°C with the wind chill so the ice should be there for a while. Today, we are off to the big city dentist, and then the mall. I'm going to get a lot of exercise walking back and forth to stores with my teenager. I must remember to pack her wallet. Have a great day all :)

carolyn likes this.
  15. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

sounds like fun Netty. Have a good day.