The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all, some winter weather has been visiting us for a couple of days but it appears to be packing it's bags and heading for parts unknown. :( I wasn't a bad hostess, I welcomed it with open arms and a big smile on my face.....come to think of it that might have been the scary part. Now our temps will slowly climb, hah like temps ever slowly climb around here....back into the upper 80s by tomorrow and close to 90 next week.
    I do have a lot to do in the gardens and looks like the chances of getting it done are getting fewer and fewer.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -8°C and sunny, and weatherman tells me that temperatures are on the rise. Finally!
    Off to do my errands and shopping. Have a great day all :)

carolyn likes this.
  3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

here, too Netty. just above freezing for the next week. yay!

Netty likes this.
  4. Netty

Good Friday morning all! Currently -4°C and sunny. The winds are finally gone, and the sun is shining strong. I am feeling inspired to get my seeds planted :)
    Off to the rink later, and then home to do some laundry. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to get outside and do some raking?
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. Yesterday was a lovely day ... the sun was shining and the birds were singing. Took an extra long dog walk and saw some deer and wild turkeys ... It's starting to really (finally!) feel like spring! Came home and started to rake the yard, and clean up outside. On the next nice day I'm going to start the back garden cleanup. Today, daughter is back to school after March break, and I have some cleaning to do. Have a great day all :)

6. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 2°C and overcast. Temperatures are going all the way up to 12 degrees today! This nice weather has people heading outside and I have been getting calls for garden work. I'm heading over to one of these potential clients today. I'd like to get some work done in my own yard today too. I was surprised last night, about a gift from a fellow at skating that I did a favor for. He gave me 25 Gladiolus bulbs, 4 Bleeding Heart roots, 50 Dutch Iris bulbs and 3 Peony roots!! I am just tickled pink!! Kindness pays off :)

marlingardener likes this.
  7. toni

Netty those are going to look gorgeous in bloom!!!
    Good afternoon all. Well, we had 92 deg yesterday, could come close to that today. Working in the gardens is now an as early in the morning thing as possible while the sun is not as hot on me. The trees are leafing out but not enough yet to provide shade so early morning it is.

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

No 90 degree weather here yet. It was cold here today with a high maybe in 40's. The sun is shining though. I have a bad cough and chest congestion. Went to the doctor yesterday. He called it Primary Atypical pneumonia and gave me three kinds of medication. But, I didn't have to go to a hospital, thank goodness. It's supposed to warm up and turn rainy this weekend. dooley

9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

hey Dooley, so glad to see you again... I was thinking about you a little while ago... I hope you feel better soon. get some elderberry elixir and maybe some mullien leaf (either extract or the herb) and brew a warm drink with it... helps wonderfully with coughing and congestion. taste rather bland I add honey.

10. toni

Carolyn, Mullien leaf for cough and congestion... thanks for the info. I will get some leaf.

11. Netty

Toni, I just can't fathom the thought of 90 degree weather and leafless trees! But we don't get temperatures like that until late summer, long after the trees have leafed out.
    It's -14°C this morning, with a windchill more like -20°C. A harsh change from yesterdays +13°C! Mother Nature is just testing us!
    Yesterdays meeting went well and so I have a few more gardens to take care of this year. The beautiful old farm house has many gardens and the elderly owner needs help to maintain them. Today, I am preparing some signs and decorations for this weekends ice show. Have a great day all :)

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I'm feeling much better today so the medicine must be doing what it's supposed to do. It's going to be raining starting tomorrow and going through the weekend. Temps in low 40's. Rain is better than snow. It will help get rid of those high piles pushed up at the edges of all of the parking lots. Our grass is clear right now so I'm glad we'll be getting rain instead of snow. dooley

13. SylvieB

SylvieB New Seed

Glad you're feeling better, dooley! The rain we're supposed to be getting today will be headed for you guys, and I agree, it's better than snow! We have a few ugly snow piles around the place that I hope disappear, as well as the ice-covered lake!

14. toni

I have ugly dust piles around and that's not only what is in the house.....no rain in almost 5 weeks in my yard so the dust piles out there are getting larger by the day.. Supposed to be some this time tomorrow. Maybe if I hold my breath until I turn blue Mother Nature will feel sorry for me and let me have my rain. Probably not though, she has been a royal pain in the tushie so far this year.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  15. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, I can sympathize with your frustration. We have sufficient moisture, with rain predicted for tomorrow and mid-week, but we have WIND! I was going to put my tomato starts in the garden today, but was afraid they would blow away before I got them in the soil. I've had to erect wind barriers for the starts on the garden table, and my hens have backward feathers. Trying to deadhead the roses is a "catch me if you can" game, and I can't.
    I hope you get rain, and that we get calm.