The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 11°C and overcast. I slept in a little today, could have slept longer but I have another busy day ahead. Off to get DD's skates sharpened, and then a quick stop in at the grocery store. Home to get some work done and then an early Mothers Day visit from the kids and furkids. With any luck, there could be some time for a little gardening. Have a great day all :)

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. I got out earlier in the backyard and got the shed bed mulched and the tipsy-pot stand moved, it's in shade now so the plantings have to change. We have been to breakfast, the grocer store and are now home until we go our oldest daughter's place for dinner to celebrate a combination of my birthday and Mother's Day.

3. Netty

Good Sunday morning all, and Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there!
    Currently 12°C and overcast. It was a lovely sunny morning earlier on my dog walk, but clouds have since moved in and we've even had a shower. I hope it clears up for me ... I have declared today Mother's Day in the garden! Have a great day all :)

4. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 7°C and clear. Hopefully a great day ahead!
    I spent a good part of yesterday in my gardens, such a nice day! Today, I am back to working in other peoples gardens.
    Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Texas clear sky.jpg

The gray clouds have disappeared, and today we have sunshine, puffy clouds, and happy gardeners!
    Morning temps were in the mid-70's, with a light breeze. Hung washing on the line, got the beans cultivated, and picked lettuce and side shoots of broccoli.
    Sometimes May is just heart-breakingly beautiful!

Sjoerd and Frank like this.
  6. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 16°C and cloudy. Its going to be a scorcher today!
    Also a chance of severe thunderstorms this afternoon, oh joy!
    There doesn't seem to be any happy medium this year ... it's either really HOT or really COLD!

7. toni

Good morning all. Our overnight temps have been in the 70s (21c) yesterdays high was 92 (33c) and summer isn't even here officially yet.
    I had such a good laugh last night during the weather report....more rain in the forecast. They really shouldn't use the word MORE when there hasn't been ANY yet.

Frank and marlingardener like this.
  8. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 7°C and sunny with a northerly breeze. I have big hopes of playing outside all day today, in the garden as well as putting up the trampoline and the back patio furniture. I have 4 flats of annuals to pop in, and some weeding to do. Tomorrow weatherman calls for rain, so I will do my housework tomorrow. Have a great day all :)

Frank likes this.
  9. toni

Good morning all. Yet another .12 of an inch in the rain gauge overnight...that makes .24 or less than 1/4th of an inch for the whole month. Wow, are we are drowning here or what :confused:

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, I sympathize--we are putting on our waterwings and moving the chickens to high ground--3/8" overnight. The rain came through in bands, short but heavy downpours. Of course we lost electricity for about six hours. We've gone through high winds and heavy rain with no outage, but a bit of rain and a breeze . . . . Nothing to do but go out and weed. Thank heavens we don't have an electric weeder!

11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Stunning landscape foto, Jane.

marlingardener likes this.
  12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 12°C and raining. We need the rain.
    I got the 3 flats of flowers planted yesterday, and the rain can water them in. I will work on the veggies tomorrow.
    I picked a huge stack of Asparagus this morning, and noticed that my spinach and radish seed has sprouted. I love garden season!
    Housework today while it rains.

13. Netty

Good Monday morning and happy Victoria Day!
    I had a lovely walk with the dog this morning ... yesterdays rain has made all the plants and trees happy. My peas have germinated too!
    Some gardening is in the plans for today, and the rest of the laundry as well.
    I've got to make the most of my long weekend :)

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

With 1 1/8" of rain overnight, I won't be doing much in the gardens today (soggy, soggy, soggy). Like Netty, I'm doing laundry, cleaning house--a job I neglected last Friday so I could play outside, and baking a dozen loaves of French bread.
    It's overcast, so we may be in for more showers. Our aquifer is certainly getting recharged!

15. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 10°C and overcast. Rain in the forecast for today.
    Big day at work today ... loaded up with more flowers to plant so hopefully the rain holds off until we are done.
    I also bought some veggie starts. Have a great day all :)