The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 9°C and starting to rain. They say today will be a washout, but I'm heading out to work anyway. Hopefully there are some inside jobs to do.
    Have a great day all :)

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

After I got home from my "town chores" we pulled the last of the onions and a few more garlics. The onion harvest was so good this year--big plump onions--reds, sweet whites, and yellows. They are hanging in the barn drying along with the harvested garlic.
    It is so windy today that the onion baskets nearly blew off the garden table! Thank heavens my husband built a very sturdy, heavy table for garden use. We don't plan to do much else today--the weather is too windy and we are too tuckered out.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We have been down on the Gulf Coast, toured the USS Lexington then stopped off at a smallish town that might be part of Randy's family history, I have a bit of research to do to verify that. And of course junque shops on the way home and got home late yesterday evening.
    Our rain total for earlier this week was a lousy 4/10ths of an inch but there is more in the forecast for next week.

4. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 10°C and overcast. I slept like a log last night ... such a busy day at work, and then I came home and cut the grass, trimmed, rototilled, shoveled soil, and walked the dog. Today I promised to take my daughter shopping for a graduation dress, but then it will be home to get the veggies planted. Lots to do, I wish there were more hours in the day. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 15°C and sunny.
    We found a dress yesterday (thank goodness!) and so the day today is mine. I will get the rest of the veggie garden planted and try to get the side gardens weeded.
    There is also lots of trimming to do. Have a great day all :)

6. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 10°C and overcast. We had rain again yesterday, and a thunderstorm last night.
    The grass sure is good and green, and the trees are so lush. My basil, on the other hand, isn't looking too happy with all this rain!
    Off to work, where the planting continues. Have a great day all :)

7. toni

Morning all. Just another sunny, dry, hot day down here. Looks like May will come to an end with a total rainfall in my yard of less than an inch for the whole month....I think the weatherman last night mentioned that this area averages 6 inches of rain in May...well after this year that average is going to be a lot lower.
    I put some new plants in larger pots in the shade Sunday before last to keep them comfy while we were gone last week, looks like they will have to stay there for a few more days, just too dry and hot to get them replanted.

8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently just 9°C and overcast. We had rain again yesterday, but at least we missed the severe storms that hit southeast and east of here. More rain in the forecast today. Rototilling is out of the question today at work, it's just too wet. We are going to have to find something else to do today. Have a great day all.

9. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Good day to you also Netty. Just finished mowing the lawn. Tomorrow will have to trim around ALL the trees in our yard. We have had some rain over the past week but today the temp's where in the high 60 degrees and sunny. Loving it!

10. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently just 7°C and windy. We made it through a day without rain yesterday, and so I DID get the garden rototilled after all! Today, we plant!
    Shopping later and then skating tonight with my daughter. Have a great day all :)

11. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Its raining. The joy we feel is incredible. Its thundering too. I am so happy.

12. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 11°C and sunny. It looks like we had a bit of rain overnight.
    Off to volunteer at the soccer fields this moring, and then home to get the grass cut. Rain in the forecast for tomorrow and so I need to get it cut today.

13. toni

MY YARD GOT RAIN YESTERDAY AND OVERNIGHT......sorry to shout but since the whole month of May only saw .74 of an inch the forecast of rain held no hope for me. But we had gone down to a little town about an hour and half south of us to wander around a bit and the bottom fell out of the clouds just about the time we got back near the Dallas city limits. So we had to drive through rush hour in Dallas in rain that was so heavy most of the time we couldn't see out the windshield and fire trucks and police cars were being dispatched to flooded intersections all around I-35.....one UPS truck was sitting in water up to the drivers seat and several cars in parking lots were up to their side windows in water. Thankfully the highway is way above the ground level for the most part so the flooding did not directly affect traffic, just slowed down from poor visibility and traffic backing up on exit ramps when drivers realized that it was flooded down there.
    Oh, yeah, my rain gauge had 3.08 inches in it and it is still dripping outside and there is more heading our way according to radar.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
    Netty, Frank and marlingardener like this.
  14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, I'm so happy for you and your gardens! We got about 1/2" overnight and early this morning (which I wasn't going to mention, but since you got wet our rainfall doesn't sound like bragging:setc_063:). The weather cleared and I have clothes drying on the line.
    Picked squash and pulled carrots, and examined the weed crop which is doing very nicely, thank you.

15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 11°C and raining. We manged to get through all of yesterday without rain!
    I got the rest of my tomato seedlings planted yesterday, and there is still room for 9 more tomato plants. I'll pick up something different from the garden center tomorrow.
    A day of rain means indoor work today, but I will have to sneak out and re-fill the hummingbird feeders. If it stops raining I have some dahlia's to plant.