The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 14°C and foggy. Not sure what happened to yesterdays forecasted rain ... I didn't see any rain.
    My alarm was a rude awakening this morning ... I was really tired! I hope I perk up or its going to be a very long day!
    Have a great day all :)

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Close to 100 deg all this week until Sunday when the high should/might/possibly be only 89 so maybe the morning will be cool enough to do some watering of potted plants.

3. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 14°C and very foggy.
    Just finished my rounds with the dog ... the yard appears to be rabbit free. For now.
    Tried putting kitty litter in the hole where I think the groundhog is living, I hope it causes him to move on. Maybe it will repel rabbits too.
    Off to work for an all watering day. Have a great day all :)

4. toni

Good morning all. Next door neighbor has gone to Indiana for a 7 week visit with her Mom, neighbor is a nurse and her Mom is in failing health so they have lots of Dr visits and medical things to take care of. I am tending to her elderly dog, he is a big, part Rotty, sweetheart. He doesn't like staying outside, she used to leave him out all day but now at his age he gets let out in the morning to eat and do his thing, comes back in to spend the day in an air conditioned house and the process is repeated in the evening.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 16°C and overcast.
    We had some serious rain overnight ... my basement is wet and I have about an acre of water. Seems to be draining off quickly, but everything is once again saturated. I am not going to complain ... we needed rain and last years drought made me rethink rainfall LOL
    Off to work, at least I wont need to water anything today!

6. Netty

Good Friday morning all, and TGIF!! Sure has been a long week!
    We had some more rain last night, and the lake on the front lawn is back to huge. Even the veggie garden has puddles, and that has never happened! I hope the veggies use all this water to grow big and strong and make lots of produce for me! We have been patrolling the yard regularly, and no sign of rabbits.
    Off to work, have a great day all :)

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast. We had a little bit of rain over the weekend, but in all it was nice. Lake has been draining from the front lawn too.
    Off to work, I have a very busy day planned. I just hope my helper is up to it ... Mondays aren't always the best day!

8. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 17°C and foggy. I think it's going to be a hot one today!
    It's getting darker now, on my morning dog walk at 5am. I don't need a flashlight yet, but I do notice the darkness and it makes me sad.
    Off to work and a day of weeding and trimming shrubs.

9. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 17°C and overcast. It's going to be a hot one today!
    Re-doing a garden at work that has become overrun with grass and weeds through the years. Day 2 of weeding today. Hopefully we can finish the weeding today and then add some soil and plant some new perennials. It's been kind of fun! Have a great day all :)

10. toni

Good morning all. Netty I would trade my first born to be able to wake up with a temp of 17C (62f) on a July morning. Currently it is 87F going up to 100 for the next several days and our regular no rain in the foreseeable future routine has settled in.

11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Nipped our early to do my watering--it's easier on me and the plants if it isn't so blazin' hot when I water. My husband is cleaning out the mower and shredder decks, so I'll have some interesting laundry to do later.
    Think I'll harvest some herbs and make tomato/basil butter, garlic butter, and freeze parsley and oregano. Can't believe the parsley has hung on this long!

12. Netty

I don't think I could function in your temperatures Toni!
    Good Thursday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast. Thunderstorms in the forecast today.
    Off to work, it is trimming day. And after work it's grocery shopping day. My life is a routine these days!

13. toni

Good morning all. Netty I barely can function in the heat, if I don't water before 8 then I don't water that day. Since we have a nice well working central AC unit I usually just stand at the windows and dream of temps in the 60-70 when gardening can resume.

14. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 15°C and foggy.
    Thank goodness it's Friday! What a long week!
    Off to work, watering and weeding is planned today.

Frank likes this.
  15. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 18°C and overcast. There is only a 30% chance of rain today, so it may just be a great day to get the gardens weeded!
    Went for a long dog walk this morning and now the dog is napping, and I am just starting my housework. Oh the life of a dog!