The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday afternoon all. Currently 22°C and overcast. I picked half of the black currents in my garden yesterday and ended up with about 10 pounds. That is WAY to many for me so I took them to my friends market and they are going to sell them. Now I'm shucking peas and freezing them for my winter soups. Lots more peas to pick yet. Also picked enough green beans for supper. I love this time of year!

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Netty, I love this time of year, also! I picked a large basket of tomatoes, sorted out the ripe, almost ripe, and the need two more days on the windowsill tomatoes. Husband cleaned off the screens for sun drying tomatoes, and we will set them up tomorrow just off the patio where it's sunny and I can still get them inside if rain threatens (promises?). Picked another cucumber, this one absolutely HAS to be the last one--how long can cucumber vines hang on in 100 degree heat?
    Tomorrow is husband's birthday, so I'll be baking and laying a festive table and ignoring the garden for a day. I think the hens are planning a birthday surprise for him :smt117.

3. Netty

No ripe tomatoes here yet, and I only just picked the first cucumbers. Put up an ad on a local Facebook page and sold some black currents! Yay!
    Off to work, not sure what awaits me there on a Monday morning. Its amazing what can happen over the course of a weekend!
    Have a great day all :)

4. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 14°C and overcast. I slept under full blankets last night, with a cool breeze blowing through the window... what a great sleep!
    Scrubbed my hands and knees and the dirt just isn't washing off anymore. Or scrubbing off for that matter! How is everyone cleaning their hands this time of year?
    Off to work, I'll try to keep my gloves on today! Have a great day all :)

Frank likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 11°C and clear. It sure is getting dark in the morning!
    Off to work, today is a watering day. Yesterday I trimmed shrubs.

6. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 14°C and raining. We needed some rain!
    Took my daughter to a friends last night for a sleepover, and so the dog will be home alone today. I'd better come straight home after work!
    Another busy day at work, but at least I wont have to water anything! Have a great day all :)

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Not much happening around here, the garden is either surviving or not, without me, with temps into the 100s and feels like temp up to 110. I really have no interest in even planning what changes to make when the weather gets more friendly for me.
    I am currently knitting and watching favorite movies.....had a marathon the other day of Armageddon, Independence Day, Air Force One, King Arthur and Apollo 13. I think next week I will start a Hobbit and Lord of the Rings marathon.

8. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently just 13°C and clear. It has been cool in the morning and hot in the afternoons this week. Great sleeping weather, and some heat for the tomatoes!
    Off to work, it will be an everything kind of day today, and at 2:30 my weekend begins!

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 15°C and sunny. It looks like a lovely, rain free weekend ahead!
    Today, my daughter and I are packing up our dog and heading over to my daughters house to dogsit while they are away at a wedding. I have been volunteered to do some gardening as well, and I am actually a little excited about doing it! Have a bag packed, tools are in the car, and I am just waiting for my sleeping beauty to awaken. It should be a fun day :)

10. toni

Good morning all. Woke up at 1:30 a.m. when the power went out, seems something at the pole out back blew and took out power to about 6 homes. The temps have been up in the 100+ deg range and putting a lot of strain on some of the older transformers so this morning was our turn. Thankfully it was only out for less than 2 hours.
    Randy is down at his parents for at least today, his Dad's health is failing and the doctor believes he has about a week left. I was going to go down but woke up with a scratchy throat, not sure if it is sinus drainage or something contagious so I stayed home.

11. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, please accept my sympathy for your father-in-law's failing health, and prognosis. Also for your scratchy throat and lack of power for a couple of hours.
    It's terrible when bad things happen to good people.

12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 15 degrees and sunny. Woke up at my daughters where we are dog sitting.
    Its a whole different world here ... shes in a subdivision and has central air conditioning. I'm sitting in here, coffee in hand, wanting to be outside, or at least have the windows open to hear the sounds of nature and feel the morning breeze. This is my favourite time of the day and its just not the same locked up in this artificial environment. I cant wait to go home! maybe I'll make another coffee and slip out to the backyard. Have a great day all :)

13. toni

Good morning all. It is actually pretty nice out this morning.....compared to temps between 85-90 at 7 a.m. the past week or two....and there is a nice coolish breeze. Still not gardening weather for me but at least I can get some watering done without feeling like Dorothy just threw the bucket of water on me.

14. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 17°C and clear. I woke up in a sweat, and dreading a day working in the heat. When I walked the dog, I found it to be rather cool and so now I'm OK.
    Weird way to start the day. I don't like Mondays.

15. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 15°C and foggy. It was a scorching hot day yesterday, and will be again today. There were some thunderstorms, but they seemed to be all around us and not here. Today may be another all day watering event. It sure got dry quick! Have a great day all :)