The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 15°C and overcast.
    Spent yesterday dragging hoses and will be doing the same today. Would be nice to get some rain!
    Off to work, and then to a clients garden ... its going to be a long day.
    Have a great day all :)

2. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 13°C and cloudy. Its almost complete darkness when I walk the dog now. The only light is the neighbours barn light that lights up the entire lower section of the yard. I used to hate that light as it shone brightly through my bedroom window into my eyes in bed. Trees have since grown and now it doesn't blind me in bed LOL
    Off to work, and boy I am feeling worn out today!! It's almost the weekend and I can't wait!!

3. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 17°C and humid. We finally got a bit of rain last night!
    Went to do my grocery shopping as I do every Thursday after work. Got home and had no idea where to put it all! Fridge is full of garden cucumbers, beans and beets! Looks like I'll be doing some canning on the weekend!! But first, one more day of work and some back to school shopping.

Frank likes this.
  4. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 19°C and clear. Yesterday was a cool and rainy day. That allowed me to FINALLY clean my bedroom, do all the laundry, mop the floors, catch up on paper work, and can some beans, peaches and salsa. Today is gardening day :)

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

My goodness Netty, do you split into 3 or more people when you are on a cleaning/secretarial/canning tear through the house? But then I remember being the age where I could multi-task with great ease too. Good for you.
    But I am tired just thinking about all you got done yesterday so I really should sit down rest for a while.

Good morning all. Spent yesterday down with Randy's Mom, his Dad is still hanging in there.
    I have one more week of minding the neighbors dog then my days won't be planned around when I need to go over there to let him out to eat and you know what and play. The temperature has been 100 almost every day this past week so he doesn't spend a lot of time out in it. He will be so happy to see his human Mom again. He and I are good friends but nobody replaces a pet's human Mom.

6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good afternoon! We spent the morning watering fruit trees, getting one of the water harvesting cubes back on solid underpinnings (it was beginning to list to the west, and the cement blocks it was sitting on were slowly sinking), and feeding wild birds, chickens, and of course the kittens.
    Bull riding came on the TV at noon, so we had a late lunch, and now I'll do a crossword puzzle while husband watches a golf tournament. I look up once in a while and make an appropriate comment on a golfer's good/bad shot. I can't multi-task, but I can bi-task!

7. Netty

Oh dear, Monday already! Good morning everyone, gosh that weekend went quickly!
    Off to work, I am all alone this week as my assistant is on holidays. Today will be a watering day. Hopefully Mother Nature has some rain planned for us this week.

8. toni

Good morning all. Another hot one coming with the only respite the 75% eclipse that will happen in a few hours. I really didn't think we would be in its path enough to notice but we are so that should be interesting. Those special shields for watching it have been sold out for months so we will probably do the pin-hole in cardboard thing or just watch from our front porch as the darkness arrives and leaves again.

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

It's eclipse day! Husband is out mowing the orchard so we won't be standing in high grass while watching. We ordered our glasses about six weeks ago--a six pack from Amazon with all the requisite ISO and numbers--so we are prepared. He even has a special filter on his camera and has been experimenting with f-stops and lens speed and all that technical stuff. I just plan to stand out in the orchard and thank heavens today isn't overcast!
    There will be photos posted later if all goes well.

10. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 17°C and overcast. I can see lightening off in the far north.
    Chance of thunderstorms today, and boy do we need the rain!
    I just realized summer is almost over ... Daughter starts school on Monday!
    I made her day ... I got her a cell phone yesterday! My other 2 kids had them before this age, so I thought it was only fair.
    (Actually, I got myself a new cell phone yesterday, and gave her my old one hehe but she was thrilled!)

11. toni

WAIT!!! Jane you really watched Bull Riding?
    Good morning all. Just another hot one here, might be a cool down later this week...maybe down into the lower 90s and maybe even some upper 80s too. Woohoo can winter be far behind.....I am being sarcastic here.

12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, bull riding is my kind of sport--the animal has a better than equal chance of winning, I can count to eight seconds, and the riders are as cute as buttons (loved the Aussie domination of the sport, but I also appreciate the boys from Brazil). Telling who won is easy, and there isn't some esoteric language (mulligans, outfield, extra points, etc.) that I don't understand. Plus, the riders are snappy dressers.
    Husband is doing some electrical work here in the house so I'm on call to tell him if lights go off. I think I'd better get off the computer!

13. toni

Well, whodathunkit?

marlingardener likes this.
  14. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 11°C and windy. We had a hot, humid day yesterday, and then a storm blew through, bringing much needed rain. Then the temperature dropped and now its almost cold! High of 19°C today, so I'll be wearing a sweater.
    Day 3 of working alone, I wish I was getting more done!

Frank likes this.
  15. toni

Good morning all. We are supposed to have a cool down the next few days but nothing like yours Netty. Yesterday was 100 (38C) Sunday it will drop to 86 (30c)but certainly no sweaters needed here.
    I will be wandering through a garden center this evening, not sure there is anything there in the heat we have but I am hoping to find something....I just HAVE to get out in the garden during this cool down!!!

Frank likes this.