The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good evening all. Randy and I just brought the potted herbs into the backroom for the night, I did not know that we were in for a frosty night with close to freezing temps. Hmmmmm, this is not a normal November 2nd....but I like it, I really like it :-D :-D :-D

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was about 42F when I came in from work at 9:30 pm. We haven't had any frost but I think it's getting pretty cool for the plants that stay outside. They are turning brown on the edges. The mulberry trees has started dropping leaves but they are still green. We had a fire in the stove most of the day until I had to go to work. We left about 3:30 because we had to go to the grocery store for a few things. Dooley

3. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Good night all supposed to be the coldest night this year 39F have a good night see you tomorrow sweet dreams all my stewie friends

4. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Good evening all. Fortunately today is Friday and a light day at work. Becasue of union negotiations didn't get home until almost 11:30 from work last night. That is another story for my blog.

Advertisement
  5. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Happy Friday night. Chilly out there. Today I finished another article for Bellaonline and got another half dozen books to review. I have no idea when all those books are going to get read and then reviewed. I'll keep you posted.

6. reggaefan

Chilly night is right Jan they say frost in the morning ,had that today. Have a good night all my stewie friends.

7. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that. Maybe we won't get it because we are closer to the lake??? Yeah, right.

8. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Good evening all. Worked today, as usual. Ha an unusual lunch. Went to garage sales with a couple of friends from work. Didn't hit but two bc one lady had to go by the bank and that tied us up for about 25 minutes, but it was fun. Found some cute clear glass saucers for spacer plates on totems and some matching cups and saucers maybe for teacup bird feeders or mosaics. I also got a nice bookshelf, on the small side, but Regina may be able to use it for her DVD's, if the shelves are spaced right. If not I will put it in my bedroom. Hoping everyone had a nice day.

9. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

-6, Eileen? Yipe, no wonder my relatives high-tailed it out of Scotland! It's been raining buckets here, and the weatherman says the real stuff isn't supposed to hit until Sunday night. We already have some flooding, hope everyone has their sandbags ready. We set our house on one of the rockiest parts of our prairie, even when it's like this out, things are bone-dry underneath. But where my driveway dips low, well, we could stock trout! But I did get caught up on the ironing and mending, and started some more watercolor Christmas cards. There's an all-day women's group card-making party at the Church tomorrow so I'll probably go there to ink them. The battery in my digicam is kaput but I'll post some pics in my blog when I can.
    Hope everyone has a peaceful weekend.

10. toni

Good evening or late night as the case may be.
    We were gone most of the afternoon and evening, hitting thrift stores yet again. I really need to buy stock in those establishments to get some of my money back.

I will get some pictures taken tomorrow and make a blog entry about my finds.

11. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

A quiet day today. Church this morning and a trip to a friends house this afternoon. Now trying to catch up what missed on here yesterday.

12. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Today was a quiet day. I even napped this PM. All that staying out late last night does indeed take its toll. And no writing today except for the two blogs. I have a stack of books to review and must start tomorrow. Weather here started sunshiny this morning and was overcast and cooler by mid afternoon.

13. reggaefan

Just back from church going to relax have a nice cup of Community Coffee and watch The Amazing Race. Have a great night everyone.

14. toni

Hiya all, Sitting here just before going to bed listening to the second round of thunderstorms off in the distance. Got almost a half inch of rain from the first one that came thru around 8 p.m., this one is supposed to have some hail in it too. Looks like this round could have more rain than the other too, lots of dark red on the radar.

I was looking forward to these storms being here much earlier today, but glad they weren't since that would have caused a problem for the NASCAR race held not far from here. And I love to watch the races.

15. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Good evening all I'm sitting here trying to stay awake long enough for Kevin and Shanna to get home from work to pick my little helper up so she can go to school tomorrow.It will be good to go to work tomorrow to get some rest.Its been a long 3 days off.