The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Evening everyone, I suppose I'm the last to sign off since I'm on the West coast. We are at the front edge of what promises to be a 3-day-storm, might lose power later. Glad I live up out of the flood plains, it's already started flooding in some areas. We're supposed to get 10 inches by tomorrow afternoon.
    Toni- did you get my message in your blog? Seriously, if you want some handspun for your wheel, I've got several skeins spun up just sitting in cedar, just give me the word & I'll ship some out. One of my former hobbies, to justify keeping lambies back in the day. Still do some drop-spindling from time to time.
    Richard, is that the coffee/chickory blend? Had some made-in-NewOrleans awhile back, think I like it better than regular coffee.

2. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Evening all. Been home long enough to have a quick supper before settling in at the computer. It was a hectic day at work and then I helped with Bible quiz practice from 5:00 to 7:00.

3. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

I have been hitting keys all day long.The storm came through, dropped some water on us, sent a bit of wind our way and blew on to Mississippi.
    How did I ever find time to work?

4. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

A wet day in Michigan. It rained most of the day. I got my feet soaked at the polls when I stepped out of the car into a giant puddle. It didn't keep me from casting my vote though.

Advertisement
  5. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

It stayed warm here all day. I was listing books on Amazon, so stayed busy IN the house instead of out. I am weeding out unnecessary possessions and Amazon seems to be a good way to do it.
    I voted, but my candidate never wins.

6. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

At least you voted Jan i tell people I have very rarely backed a winner, there is something wrong with the rest of America because i am never wrong well almost never

7. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Good evening all. Just got in. I went straight to Bible study. We finished up the current study and had a fellowship afterwards. It was good. Hope everyone has a nice evening.

8. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Good evening folks, and what a chilly one it is in Essex! I worked all day today in other peoples gardens, and once I got in I had plenty of housework to do, as well as entertain the children. Now at last I can sit down a relax, although I need to plan a new central flower island in a rather formal garden, so I will get my books out in a mo. My darling is just making me a malt drink - something I have started having before bed to help me relax in the evenings after my panic attack, and it works wonders - I now sleep even more heavily than I used to, even if it is only for 5 hours.

Sweet dreams friends!

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

EJ it sounds like you have been keeping busy. Good luck with the planning. The malt drink sounds good.

Finished up the candle making today.
    Didn't get any reading done today and tomorrow is supposed to be a nice yard working day so reading will be put off a little longer.

10. CritterPainter

Evening everyone. It started out relatively sunny but it's coming down buckets again now. Headed out to my Bible study in a bit, really need a positive experience after today.
    My daughter's chorus class is singing in the morning, should be interesting. She's nonverbal, but will stand with the group anyway (as token mascot I'm thinking. She's a seriously cute little thing!)
    Now that I can plant a flowerbed without it getting dug right up, I'm thinking grandiose thoughts of a constant stream of bouquets next year. Better go recheck the thread on the best seed catalogs.

11. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Good evening I taught the youth class tonight at church we had 35 young people ages12-18. I taught about Job and asked if they had any holes in their hedge. they seemed to enjoy it bye for now

12. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

A very late good evening here. It is 1:26 am. I have the sinus crud and can't sleep. First Richard was up bc he was itching all over, I think it's nerves. So he got in the shower. I had the mother of all charley horses just as I was finally falling asleep, now I can't get back to sleep. It's no fun getting old.

13. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Good evening. It has been a fine day off from work for Veterans Day. I got my Christmas fruitcake made, a scarf crocheted, and some ornaments started for Christmas gifts. Hope to finish the ornaments tomorrow. I also squeezed in a movie while I ws crocheting. Now I am thinking about bed and a little reading.

14. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Good evening, all. I had one of those days when no one did their jobs. I went to pick up my new glasses. "Glasses," they said," Glasses?" Now I gotta start all over again. Drug store said, "Prescription? What prescription?" Things went dowhill from there. Home computer network loves both Macs, kicked the PCs to the curb. Can't figure out why.
    But we soldier on in post Katrina times.

15. CritterPainter

You productive people make me tired! I did my major big grocery trip today- the store is 10 miles away, in the gushing rain, not fun. I marveled at all the people with nice dry hair, I looked like the proverbial drowned rat just from going from car to store. 'course I always park a long way from the door. DH worked another 12 hour day today, and they are still pushing a big wave of repairs for tomorrow. He even had to climb a pole when the rain was at it's peak- I'll be SO happy when he can retire! Maybe I can finish painting some of these Christmas cards tomorrow. Maybe. zzzzz