The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

The weather was nice here today but not so warm. Only 65 degrees. Didn't do too much. work again tomorrow. Dooldy

2. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Today was the kind of day I sometimes wish for. It was rainy and windy when we got up so that meant I could stay inside all day and do what I wanted. Spent most of the day alternating between crafts. I painted wodden mitten ornaments for my kids at church and while the paint was drying I worked on crocheting a doll for our niece for Christmas. The ornaments are in the garage now where my husband has sprayed them with a coat of polyurethane. I will post a picture when they are finished. I hope to get more crocheting done before going to bed - scarves and mittens for gifts.

3. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Good evening all. It was warm this morning and tonight, it is in the 40's outside. I cut the mums back because the flowers were gone. And I build a gnome vacation house. Fun.

4. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

I think we should get a sticky going of everyone's gnome residences.
    Got my DD a pink-and-black rainslicker so she's all set for next week. In a fit of weakness I picked up a burgundy velour turtleneck for myself. DS is staying over at the Bible camp again tonight, he pulled 3 shifts today dishing, and has to do am tomorrow. Looks like the company isn't going to force DH to work tomorrow which I'm immensely happy about- we are supposed to get one truly wicked storm roll through. Guess that's why off-season rates at the camp are lower!
    Still feeling sad about my elderly doe dieing, but better to go peacefully in her sleep than endure another winter in a weakened bunny bod. But I hear odd noises coming from the direction of the hutches late at night, and find veggie chips and tiny empty cans of beer scattered around in the morning. Haven't actually Seen the poker chips, so perhaps my resident gnome is enable the moral decline of my buck wabbits. Hmmmmmm.

Advertisement
  5. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Good evening all. I just took an Ooey Gooey Cake out of the oven for our Thanksgiving dinner at church tomorrow. I am also doing the sweetpeas, with pearl onions. Gosh Mary, sorry to hear about your doe. I am planning on getting a pair this spring, hopefully. Polly, I need to get to work too. I have a totem order to get done and I need to work on some jewelry. Never enough time.

6. springlover

springlover New Seed

Evening everyone, Weather wasa total bust today. Rainy and dismal all day.
    (Now at 10:45 Sat. evening) Mowed most of the neighborhood yards yesterday. They all thought I was crazy, but now I have a foot of grass+leaves of mulch on all of my beds.

7. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Cool here tonight Hope all my stew friends sleep well tonight. See you all in the morning sleep well.

8. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Good evening - it's late here, so most of you are probably sleeping by now, but I am still poking along. My daughter is having a sleepover and I still have giggling girls watching a movie here. Been a long day, helping with both an auction and a craft bazaar, but a good one. Zzzzzzz.

9. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

It's only seven here, sleepyheads! The promised storm was a bit late to arrive, but there are currently bits of doug fir flying through the darkness out there. The trees are blowing sideways. So naturally, my husband and son have driven the 12-odd miles to Church. DS plays guitar in the worship group.
    I have one of those "highly unpleasant but gotta do it" visits to the doc tomorrow, planning on rewarding myself with a big ol' eggnog latte when it's over. Hopefully the storm will die down a bit by then.
    The up side to all this rain- my cat is Much more affectionate when she wants to be allowed to stay in all night!
    Mary in muddy, floody Washington

10. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

9:00p here and we had a lazy day. We talked about how great it was not to have to do anything for a change. Donna sees no patients on Mondays, so our weekend has one more day. Yippee!

11. englishrose

englishrose Seedling

Beautiful here today Hubby on ambulance call could't leave town so we spent the day doing bookwork ugh. The only good thing about that is when it is finished LOL

12. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Hope you all had a blessed Sunday sleep well stewie friends

13. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Monday and back to work after a three day weekend. The day was actually pretty relaxed at work. Helped with quiz practice at church from 5:00 to 7:00 and then set up tables in the basement at church for two potlucks this weekend. One on Saturday night is for visiting missionaries as well as a baby shower. Found out tonight that I am to decorate and have some kind of short program for the shower. Sunday potluck is the community Thanksgiving dinner for the three local churches in the area.

14. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Warmed up nicely today. We went to lunch with friends and had a great time. Got home, been relaxing ever since. All of you are so busy, ya make me feel lazy.

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I'm home again. It was busy, busy, busy at work. I don't know how they got so many books gathered up for me to shelve. I had it all done when I left on Saturday and the library was closed yesterday. One of the ladies said,"Look at all you got done tonight." I said, "But look at all that is left." She said "you aren't supposed to look at what is left but what you accomplished." Maybe she is right. DR says she is. Now, I'll have a cup of tea and relax for an hour or so and then to bed. Dooley