The Good Evening All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Polly, Oct 31, 2006.

1. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Good night all Sharon and I fixed a temporary Hot house for the baby plants . you are right Jan the heat will be on here tonight too have a good night alll my stew friends.

2. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

Evening all- I accidentally left a lamp on near my gardenia, the one that's loaded with buds that won't open. Well, a day by the lamp and the big one is opening- I expect to have a highly perfumed home tomorrow! Guess it just doesn't get enough light in it's east-facing window. We've been getting a pretty steady frost here, except when it's raining, which it is again. We usually like to trek up to Paradise (on Mt.Rainier) this time of year, but since our fave stopping place, and the road, washed away we'll have to find something else to do. Been digging up new recipes for Thursday. My poor son! Everything we cook now is low-fat and low-cholesterol! Hope y'all have a good restfull night, you deserve it you awesome gardeners!

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I had to go to work early tonight. The boss called just as we were getting ready to eat and wanted to know if I could come now. I said we had to eat first. He wanted to know if I could come as soon as we ate. So, I told him I would. I got there at 5:05 and he said, "Oh, here's Laura. We can go now." Turns out he would have had to stay until six o'clock if I hadn't come in early. One lady called in sick and two had to leave early so that left only two people to cover three desks. He had to work 5 minutes over, but I had to be there an hour early. Earlier if I hadn't been about to eat supper. So, it's off to bed now. Tomorrow is another day. Dooley

4. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Doctors appointment first thing this morning. Her advice seemed to be a change of diet would solve several of my problems - eat less, cut out the caffeine, eat breakfast. I didn't like any of her suggestions especially the caffeine one because I do love my chocolate. I have tried all day - it is now 7:30 and no chocolate so far.

Advertisement
  5. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

All those damned MD's seem to have the same evil advice. I just don't go. I did make a second attempt to get new glasses this PM. When the first optometrist told me how much his 65 yo daughter loved having Medicare, I knew I was in trouble. And when the glasses arrived after two weeks, I could see nothing at all. Ah, life after Katrina.

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Evening all. My eyes have seen enough puppies and kittens in the last two days to last me a lifetime, and there is still 50 or so pets still awaiting approval :eek: Thank heavens for the Stew to break up the monotony :D

7. reggaefan

Good evening all Sharon and I are starting to woirk on Turkey day dinner She just made cornbread i pinched a piece slathered it with Brummel and Browns and inhaled it

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good evening all! Just found this thread which is good because I didn't have time to check this morning.
    Had a very busy day today. Spent the morning and early afternoon shopping. Then home for a quick late lunch and then off to pick up my daughter for a dentist appointment. She got 2 teeth pulled and it looks like she's going to need to see an orthodontist. Tried to call and order satellite tv for Christmas and was told the first date available to have it installed would be January 11th. I told them to keep it.
    Almost half done my Christmas shopping. Still not sure what to get everyone. I dunno about everyone else, but I think this year I will spend the most ever on presents. Everything is so expensive!!!

9. Frank

Good evening greetings all. Still no Xmas shopping done here, I'm not a shopper :rolleyes:.

2 teeth Netty, ouch! She's getting special treatment then today I guess :)

Have a great evening all!

10. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

A busy day again. A meeting this morning that took most of the morning. Played catch up all afternoon. Came home to try to put up some Christmas decorations. Got a few done but am coming down with a cold and felt like doing very little.

11. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Much busyness today. Getting some errands done, but because so many people do not do their jobs properly, my glasses that have been making trips back and forth to the lab for 4 weeks already were still not done right. I going to start all over again tomorrow. And meanwhile, if you see a red minivan with license plate, PONDLDY, go the other way because I can't see so pretty good.

12. Frank

You have a PONDLDY license plate Jan? Gotta see a pic of that.

Good evening all, hope everyone has had/is having a good day. I really should get that Xmas shopping done tomorrow :rolleyes:

13. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Today was an errand day in spades. Some places had two visits cuz when the stuff got home, it didn't work. I think I am done for now. Frank, I will take a pic of PONDLDY when it is light outside. It's dark by 5p here on this end of Central Standard Time.
    My correct glasses are promised by Wednesday next. We'll see.

14. Frank

Thanks Jan :smt023:

15. reggaefan

WOrked on pump today all day. Well all day after getting home from the doctor where they lost my bloodwork and had to draw more, after getting stuck behind a house that was being moved, after getting soaking wet at 6am from water leak. Hey maybe that explains the poem I just posted