Thoughts and prayers for Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, Jul 17, 2016.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Several policemen have been killed and wounded in an attack in Baton Rouge. Having recently had the same happen in Dallas, I think all the Texas members, and other members of the Stew, will have sympathy for Louisiana, and all officers across the nation.
    I'm going to bake some cookies for our local police force. It doesn't mean much, but it's all I can think to do right now.
    Louisiana is such a wonderful state--filled with great people, good food, wonderful festivals, and welcoming to strangers. They deserve better than this. God bless Louisiana!

2. Loading...

3. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

What a wonderful idea!!!! I might try to copy that!!!

Philip Nulty and 2ofus like this.
  4. kate

kate In Flower

R.I.P those who were killed!!
    K

Philip Nulty and 2ofus like this.
  5. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Heartfelt condolences to all those affected by these senseless tragedies.

Having had an almost 30 yrs career working with Law Enforcement I have nothing but admiration for them. They put their own lives on the line in all manner of circumstances for us everyday and now they're facing these random acts of terror.

Condolences and wishes for safety to all the people 'In BLUE"

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well said Islandlife!! I just hope we don't hear of any other tragedies like this from now on.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  7. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Islandlife I agree. They say it is in retaliation for African Americans being killed by Police. But several of the Police officers have been African American as well. I too pray safety over our local police force and nation wide. Violence never ends violence. One other sad fact is that more African Americans are killed by other African Americans than are ever killed by police.
    That is what they should be up in arms about and taking action against that happening to innocent people. 260 school children where killed in Chicago alone in inner city shootings.
    Where are the tears and out cry's for their lives being cut short.?

8. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

I worked in Washington (State of) for close to 13 yrs and fairly closely (daily contact) with Law Enforcement over quite a few counties and many Detachments. I've racked my brains to think of a time that I ever saw them as less than professional. I can't come up with one instance where I'd of thought they were profiling or discriminating yet they dealt with some really difficult situations. It just IMO wasn't there.

I don't understand this new development of what I can only describe as hate towards Law Enforcement. If we attack those who are dedicated to our safety, to maintaining law and order won't our own social system crumble? What then? Total anarchy? Chicago is an example. I can't hardly grasp the level of killing that is going on there citizen on citizen. Am still shaking my head over the entire Baltimore fiasco as I can't grasp at all the actions of the Prosecutor.

Just hoping and praying it will all stop.

9. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

I so agree.

Islandlife and Philip Nulty like this.