Tiny black bugs on my Hyacinth blooms!

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by Serena, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Serena

Serena New Seed

I have tiny black bugs all over my blooming hyacinths. They almost resemble small ear wigs and they appear to be crawling out of the inner parts of the blooms. I noticed them about 2 days ago and wasn't all that concerned but now they are everywhere. The plant itself seems to be healthy for now. Should I be concerned about these bugs moving on to my other garden flowers? I've always had balcony container gardens and have never had any isssues with pests, but now that I'm in a house with it a backyard, it seems like I have new bugs everywhere. If these little bugs sound familiar let meknown. Oh and any suggestions on how to get rid of massive swarm of fungus flies would be appreciated. They've taken up residence outside of my back door. Thanks and happy gardening!

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Can you take a picture? this doesn't sound familiar at all.

Fungus gnats don't hang around in swarms, If you can place a citronella candle (or any candle that is fragrant will do) near the door, that should make them move away, whatever they are. I have little gnats hanging around due to the extreme warm weather, but they are not fungus gnats...just gnats.