Tiny Green Worm

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by Edlou8181, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Edlou8181

Edlou8181 Seedling

Well friends I come with head hung in shame as I have a problem.
    My rose bush is being stripped by a small green worm,I included some pictures for some help I hope.
    I did threw the worm away(sorry no picture of it)
    I did spray the rose bush with dish soap this morning.
    And my second thing is my mystery plant which up to now nobody knows what it is.
    Hope everyone had a good 4th.
    ed

[​IMG]
    poor rose bush ( photo / image / picture from Edlou8181's Garden )

[​IMG]
    another view of rose bush ( photo / image / picture from Edlou8181's Garden )

[​IMG]
    mtstery plant with cactus ( photo / image / picture from Edlou8181's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

ed, that mystery plant reminds me of the weeds across the road where I have tomatoes and peppers. Later it has a whiteish flower with a burgundy throat and smells like honey. I was weeding just the other day when I thought of your plant and almost had you post me another picture of it to see if it looked the same. I'll do some digging later to see if I can find it in my ohio flowers book. Right now I should be out cleaning my coop. I got a batch of chicks today. so i don't have time right this instant. sorry.

Can't help you with the worm problem, but getting it off your rose is a good thing. Just check it closely to make sure there are no more.

Frank likes this.
  4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

The little green worm is Sawfly larva. They can devour a Rose leaf in no time. Your mystery plant looks like a Oak Tree to me. It definitely has that same shape leaf as an Oak tree. Hummmm ;) Hope that helps.