Tiny tomatoes, big hopes!

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by marlingardener, Sep 27, 2010.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

As I was working in the vegetable garden this morning, I noticed that the tomato plants that I had cut back now have loads of blossoms and lots of tiny tomatoes! With luck, we'll have a pretty good second harvest off our Celebrities. Think I'd best fertilize them tomorrow.
    Anyone else hoping for more tomatoes?

2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Not tomatoes but I am sure looking forward to fall greens, lettuce, ect. since we had a bit of rain !! Could use more but the sky is clear so I guess this is all for now.

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Our veggies are going to die prematurely due to a very late spring, an awfully cold summer and now a too early autumn. :( The only hopes I've got now is to be able to harvest some beans before the frost gets them.

5. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I just pulled out my Tomato plant. I was quite "over" it. :rolleyes:
    We did have a pretty good harvest, but as the nights are getting into the low 50s and high 40s. all the green toms have little chance of ripening. I put them into a paper sack, and am hoping they will ripen so we can enjoy the final friuts.
    My cherry Tomato plant is still hanging in though, and they have been delish!

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I am still harvesting my "eating toms". I expect them to run out in another three weeks to a month...however, I may simply lift the plant and hang it upside down to let the final toms ripen because i want to get the glass in my greenhouse cleaned and stored-away soon.

I shall have a ceremonial lunch on the day of the last BLT.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I pulled the last of my Tomato plants yesterday - all for one cherry tomato plant that popped out of the compost. I just picked the first red one...yum!