tiny white worms in my flower wich kills the flower, how to get rid?

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by sinder, Mar 2, 2015.

1. sinder

sinder New Seed

i have some Basilikum and other garden plants indoors that im gonna plant in the summer outside, but ive recently seen some white worms very very tiny, very hard to see them. but i was lifting a dead leaf that was fresh 2 days ago and under it there was alot of white worms, so im sure these worms are killing my plant. Im new to growing plants and such. i enjoy the hobby but it gets bored when worms destroy your plants :/
    the plant wich have worms on it, im not sure what the name is of this plant but its a yellow flower wich was pretty and is normaly a outside plant. its not a eatable plant just for good looking. any cheap methods to get rid of these worms without klling the plant?
    the plant havent fully growed yet, its still only in the first growing stage. the plant is a few inches tall.

i have tried to touch them and they are not flying away, so i dont believe its any sort of flies, and its inside so they need to have came from the soil.
    i just checked closer now, the worms probly are not worms but some sort of centipede, it have minium 4 legs, and 2 antennas that i can see. they are very very tiny so hard to see them. i can not see them in the basilcum but i can see them in the other flower pots.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. Loading...

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

My first thought would be to use a mild spray of soap and water. But since it's just a seedling, I don't know if that will do more harm than good.
    Is it only on that one plant?

4. sinder

sinder New Seed

its in that plant and in my other plant that havent started to grow yet. 1 plant is at seedling stage and the other havent even started to grow yet. but there is 5 times more worms/centipedes in the pot with the seedling then the other pot, i dont see any of these centipeds in my basilcum and the basilcum is in the seedling stage aswell but there is some yellow basilcum seedlings so they might be in that pot aswell. the soil is purchased at the store together where i bough the seeds and ive only planted them indoors so the centipedes have to came from the soil.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
  5. sinder

sinder New Seed

nobody so know what to do? they have killed one of my seedlings now.... really just need a tip to get rid of these insects....

Advertisement
  6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

My only other suggestion would be to repot them. But again, since they are just seedlings, I don't know if the shock will be too much for them.

7. GinnyC

GinnyC Seedling

I would try to just spray them off with some water first. If that doesn't work I would try repotting too. The plants are really too young to be spraying with soaps or insecticides.

8. sinder

sinder New Seed

ive allready tried that it just comes more how more Wet it gets in the dirt, im gonna try to let the soil dry out then. i have read a little on internet but im not sure if its the kind of insect but it looks like it because i dont see much of them in the daylight, but when its dark its alot of them. so they dont like daylight and they like wet soil.

9. sinder

sinder New Seed

i just have to try the soap metode if this doesnt work, could someone tell me how i mix this and what kind of soap? if my plant will get killed by insects then i dont see why it hurts to try the soap method if its gonna die anyway.