Travel in My Custom Cargo Trailer

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Jewell, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    IMG_0275.JPG
    This summer I have finally finished my converted cargo trailer. Had initially planned on a long trip, but I don't do 100 degree weather that has plagued areas I was going to travel through. Decided to stay in the maritime region where weather has been sunny and pleasant with no rain for over a month for the time being. I'll have lots of time to see all I want to see. Had my first excursion to a lake in the Olympic Forest and stayed at Coho Campground. Lovely area only three hours from home.

I have not yet mastered the skill of backing the trailer so made sure my reservations were for pull-through campsites. Didn't want to embarrass myself with others around:whistling:.

The first pic's my rig in tow. The trailer is only 5x8 feet and highly personalized inside. Used and repurposed things from home in the build. Insulated it and made the doors lock from inside if needed. Had the factory install the roof vent and windows.
    IMG_0276.JPG
    I am also using the trailer as my art studio at home and on the road. This is looking in from the doors. Sleeping area is on the left and drop leaf table on the right. There are drawers for my clothes in a funky piece I found. Adequate storage under the seating and counter areas.

And then there is looking out from inside. Left side is for cooking (tin table top and back splash) and right side is the dry sink with water pump. I am really proud of my little build.
    IMG_0285.JPG
    Frankie and Max were my companions and loved traveling with all the new smells. Frankie is a character and keeps me on my toes and laughing. Max wasn't too keen on being outside unless we were going on a walk. IMG_0280.JPG
    It was camping in luxury and a wonderful escape. I didn't even mind cooking. Everything tastes better when you are out, and the pace slows down. IMG_0279.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    The trailer suits me.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

If your trailer suddenly disappears don't worry Jewell as I'll take good care of it for you I promise. ;)
    I am seriously impressed with what you have done with it. It looks a bit like Dr. Who's tardis as it appears far bigger on the inside than it does on the outside. I absolutely LOVE it :smt060 The décor is most certainly to my taste so if you ever need company you know where to come to.:smt026:smt026

4. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Very nicely kitted out

Jewell and 2ofus like this.
  5. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Thanks Eileen and Odif. I'm short so the extra 6 inches I added to the height givens me plenty of room and hubby can stand up too. Since this was just for me it unfortunately only sleeps one so hubby gets the big cot in the tent, but we have a place to cook, eat, read, watch movies or play games if the weather doesn't cooperate. If I'd of known we'd end up, just by coincidence, having to get a new pull rig I'd have gotten a 6x10 trailer so there'd have been room for a double bed. Hubby is happy because he doesn't really like camping and loves his big cot mattress. After 17 years and 200,000+ miles on his old car (we get really attached to our vehicles) he got the rig of his dreams and only has to give it up for my excursions. I'm off camping again this week, and in a couple of weeks we're off together for a weekend camp trip. Lots of places in the state that we haven't explored.

Cayuga Morning likes this.

Advertisement
  6. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I really like your cozy, comfortable looking camper. :like: :)

7. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Wow!!! It is a great , cool piece of work. Are you passing this way and like Eileen said "If your trailer suddenly disappears don't worry Jewell as I'll take good care of it for you I promise." I'll take better care of it and keep it running!!! :D

8. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

This is amazing! I admit I'm envious! ;) But very happy for you too. Take lots and lots of pictures!

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I love it!! Happy travels! :)

10. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

Brilliant, just brilliant :like::like:

11. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Your travel home is just so very special...I would never miss home if I had that to sleep and cook in while on travel....Every little detail is just so very cute and perfect...makes us all want it...

NOW THAT'S A "TINY HOUSE"....lol