Two new feature in the front garden

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Oct 7, 2015.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

The wagon has been out there for a few years but with dirt and assorted annuals but I noticed this year that the dirt was deader than a doornail so it had to be redone. I still need to add more half marbles to cover the bottom, I love going to Dollar Tree....everything is a Dollar and they carry many colors of the half marbles.
    I gathered up some cans and pots that have just been sitting in the closet taking up space until their time arrived and this is it. Everything, except the round bowl on the left, is planted with Dianthus. It overwinters very well down here so I should have some color all year round. The bowl has a repotted Morning Glory that is enjoying life climbing the Ironweed this year.
    Wagon.JPG

This is Frederick Herbert Frog. I found him at a thrift store...where else would I be shopping....he is sitting on the bent over pointy ends of an upside down tomato cage and has a Passionflower Vine growing around him. He is named in honor my two gardens.....FRED out back and HERB out front. F.H.Frog.JPG

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. toni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

What fun! :D I totally love your creative eye!!

4. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

What a fun garden you must have! You have such good re-cycling ideas that I'm just a little envious of you. Now I'm starting to keep my eyes open trying to find some 'good' stuff for my yard.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love Frederick Herbert Frog!! He would bring a smile to my face every time I went into the garden. How I wish I'd known you needed more half marbles as I threw out lots just last year. I'm glad you can pick them up cheaply as they look good in your recycled wagon planter.

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

If the Morning Glory wasn't climbing you would have a nice mobile container :) Looks great Toni and will look even better with time.
    What's Frederick looking at?