Visual Encounters Of A Fotographic Kind

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Sjoerd, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Looking back at warmer times, I pulled out these old foto's. Most of these foto's are shown for their colour, but not all. This first one for instance, shows the result of the first strawberry harvest. They never had a chance making it home.
    visual2.jpg

Then this Trollius make such a striking contrast with the background shadow.
    visual 01.jpg

Bumblebees seem always to be in season and leave no bloom unvisited. They seem less picky than honeybees and solitary bees. This one had chosen a decorative Allium.
    visual3.jpg

Toms.....Yeah. Toms--they always but a big smile on my face when I see their bright skins.
    visual4.jpg

No summer is complete with honeybees
    visual6.jpg

And of course their by-product, honey.
    visual5.jpg

Another typical sight in the summer and late summer are the butterflies.
    visual7.jpg

Cleome's and Black-eyed Susan's--Just says Fall to me.
    visual8.jpg

An interesting combination of colour, backlighting and shadow effect is this. Greem leaves of a crocosmia and behind it the shadow of a Trollius.
    visual9.jpg

The Himalayan Poppy (Meconopsis) just takes my breath away.
    visual12.jpg

And no foto display would be complete without a couple of bird foto's--the constant companions in the lottie. Here a Tit cleans the drone larvae up for me.

tit.jpg

The swan-- one of Friesland's iconic symbols and a common sight in the canals along the lottie.
    visual11.jpg

Frank, LIcenter and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Your tomatoes and other pictures put a big smile on my face, too! Just finished cleaning out the vegetable gardens, and your post let me remember that more good times are to come.

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Good-oh, Jane...that was the goal. That reminder of the future is good for me about this time of year.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

As I shiver here in minus temperatures it's lovely to know that we'll soon be seeing all the beautiful colours that the other seasons offer. It makes me feel warmer just looking at all your bright and colourful photographs. Thank you.

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

I had the same thoughts as Jane, Sjoerd. Only a small backyard but I do look forward to seeing some colour and the lovely greens of the ferns and hostas.
    Love the pictures, all bright and colourful. But let us get January out of the way first, I hate January......

Sjoerd likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

EILEEN--Ahhh--you're welcome. I looked at them and posted them while I was trying to make myself feel a bit more optimistic. hahaha. We had a hard storm over here last night, so I am out to the lottie after the brunch. Glad you liked them.

RADDANG--Glad you liked the foto. Now then...january, yes, lets get that out of the way; but the days are having a modicum of more light, so that's hopeful.

8. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

I absolutely LOVE spring when all the colours emerge and everything springs back to life. We're fairly monochromatic here right now - dull grey, whites (mostly dirty snow) and duller grey (dirtier snow). Not much colour at all out there so can hardly wait to get the bright reds, pinks, yellows, oranges started.

Sjoerd likes this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Glad that you liked the posting, Island. Our weather here is about the same as yours, but without the multicoloured snow....(for the moment). Snow id forecast for tomorrow.

Islandlife likes this.