Waretrop's Garden Tour 2016

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by waretrop, Jul 12, 2016.

1. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

The arbor is something I picked up on a garden club trip to a garden center. Used and rusty I offered to take it off their hands for $300 dollars. I had it home in 2 days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hummerbum, Tooty2shoes, donm and 6 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Awesome trellis Barb. Everything looks wonderful, too. I have missed all your stuff...

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ahhh that's better!! I really missed hearing your news and seeing your photographs. The arbour is a real garden feature - well done you for spotting its potential. I would love to take a tour of your gardens. Sadly I can't so it's lovely to see pictures. You and your husband have put a lot of work into them and it has really paid off. :)

Philip Nulty likes this.
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Such a magnificent garden! I love the trellis--and for the price you paid it was a real bargain.
    In the fifth photo from the top there is a section of iron fencing (?) or trellis. Can you tell us what you have growing or plan to grow on it? I ask, because I have a section of cattle panel which isn't as decorative as your ironwork, but I've been thinking of planting something viney on it.

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  6. waretrop

All spring I hit garage sales, looking for metal for the gardens. Got allot of little screwy ones that work great. The plant on the right is a variegated small grass that has been there for a few years. Not sure what us on left. I will ask him my when he comes home. 7.jpg

So we put these on either side of out driveway entrance. See the horse head? I will put something behind the metal fence later on. Note in the back on the left. Another metal thing and one matching it up farther not in pic. Nothing is planted by them for I got broken instead. LOL It's always evolving......sometimes in slo.....mo......LOL

7. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Good to see you here Barb. I'm not very good at FaceBook- was sad to see you'd hurt yourself :( How are you healing?

Philip Nulty and waretrop like this.
  8. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

That is a beautiful trellis! It looks like seats are built-in also? Your gardens are beautiful and I love you fountain. :heart:

waretrop and Philip Nulty like this.
  9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Barb,..i missed your posts!,..lovely to see your garden and the additions since last visit,..its a huge garden and a beautiful one at that,..delighted you are posting,..don't overdo things with the injuries:like:

waretrop likes this.
  10. waretrop

Pics of flowers soon to come. Here is my favorite....

20160703_114809 (3).jpg

Here I am in Pa with blooms and bananas on my plant. I was thrilled to see this on the patio in front of the greenhouse. I have 3 plants that spend the winter in the greenhouse, then come out in spring.

11. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Very nice,..its a big heavy bloom and Bananas for later:setc_005:

waretrop likes this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I missed this posting as well, Ware.
    I really liked all the pics and the arch that you acquired. I have a thing for arches. The new one is attractive to look at...very chic.

waretrop likes this.
  13. waretrop

20160630_090458a.jpg

20160703_084931a.jpg

20160703_085610a.jpg

20160703_085648a.jpg

20160707_175531a.jpg

20160707_175912a.jpg

I had 21 pictures to post today but after 8 hours of fooling around with the sizes these 6 are all I can get up. This is why you don't see me post much anymore....I can't waste the time anymore.. I am sure the total size was never correct but it is what it is.... please enjoy...

14. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That place of yours looks like a park.
    The pics this time are smashing.

waretrop likes this.
  15. waretrop

Next year I will create a butterfly house. That will be a screen room and have butterfly plants inside and outside. Some will be captured to lay eggs and reproduce then released at migration time. I have not seen one monarch here this year.

Sjoerd and carolyn like this.
  16. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Good thinking, Barb. I have a patch of milkweed right in front of the house under the front window (oh boy is it fragrant and over 6' tall) and unfortunately I haven't seen one monarch on it, either... only a few swallowtails around (with lots of dill and fennel growing everywhere) and no morning cloaks as of yet. I planted a huge flower garden for cut flowers for the markets... no butterflys that I have noticed. I am trying to fill around the yard for attracting hummers to help control the dreaded drosophila fly... I am starting to feel like flowers aren't just pretty but absolutely necessary to balance/control the bad bugs.

Barb, do you have problems with powdery mildew on your bee balm... it looks great, I can't grow it without it being covered in mildew every year... maybe I need to spray with a fungicide...

Do you upload from an sd card or not? I use an Sd card from my camera. after I pop up the picture screen I right click on the image and a drop down pops up and I go to paint and resize it to 1025 pixels. that makes uploading images much easier...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    Sjoerd likes this.