Waretrop's Sister Passes Away

Discussion in 'In Memory Of' started by waretrop, Mar 11, 2015.

1. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

My deepest sympathy for you Barb. Prayers for comfort and peace for you.

2. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

Our sincerest sympathies Barb.

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Wow. thank you all for your kind words. My sister was very sick from the Chemo from Dec 3 to the end. It actually did not do well for her but it allowed her to go quickly. I will miss her greatly as we talked on the phone many times every day.

Cayuga Morning, were you taking note??? You remembered so much that we talked about. It is true that I am the last survivor of my family and I have my very wonderful husband for support. He has been standing by my side at my moms and daughters death and now my sisters death. That is all I need along with my fellow Stewbies.. LOL

Now the real work starts as she was a hoarder in a 4 story house and car. We filled my dining room with just stuff out of her car this afternoon. We are sorting it all out now. I found about 50 rings today some being diamonds and 14 K gold and lots more things to find in there. She told me last week that it would be a real treasure hunt and she meant it....

Again, I thank you all for your wonderful words.

4. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Sorry for you loss Barb, I'm sure she is in a much better place now.
    My condolences and deepest sympathy.
    We will always be here for you.

Advertisement
  5. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Barb I am so sorry to hear such sad news. Please know I'm thinking of you and sending hugs your way.

6. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

So sorry Barb. My heart goes out to you. I will keep you in my prayers.

7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Oh honey, I am SO sorry. :(

8. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

My heartfelt condolences, prayers, and good thoughts going out to you, Barb....

9. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Thank you all for your kind words. Well, as some of you know, my sister was a hoarder just like the ones on TV. I actually never watched those shows and so I came home and searched my TV for one of those reruns. I can say these things cause I am the last surviving person in my family and no one will find this post to have their feelings hurt. No matter where you tried to get in my sisters 4 story house the junk was up to your shoulders. No walkways in the rooms or in the hallways. I miss and love my sister so much but she angered me greatly. She left another gigantic mess for me to clean up. It will take 6 months to empty her house. She had very good things that she was going to sell. Now I will be selling them. She had an eye for expensive garage sale items but she didn't know when to stop. Last Summer when we knew of her condition she asked me if I would help her clean her 2 car garage and basement. We filled 4, 40 yard roll off dumpsters and got ALLOT of sellable stuff out of it. Now the real work starts. The emotions happen to the beloved hoarder passes away are astounding. Great love but anger also. When it is all cleaned up I am sure I will feel better.....

Again I think all my dear friends at Garden Stew for the kind thought and support.