Weather inconsistencies.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

It's been unseasonably warm this past few days here in Nashville. It was mid 70's right before the weekend. The trees are budding, flowers blooming, new shoots coming through everywhere. Gorgeous spring weather and all the growing things are responding accordingly.

And then we get up Saturday morning to this!!!
    [​IMG]

Went out to check on my clematis which had just put out new shoots and had begun climbing the trellis. Thankfully she doesn't seem to have been impacted by the sudden weather change.

[​IMG]

What is UP with this weather? These poor plants and trees are SO confused!!

Frank, Tooty2shoes and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Yup we got hit with about 3' of new snow:mad:. The birds just do not know what's up. We have Red Wing Black birds that are back 3 weeks early, so are the Sandhill Cranes, robins and Chipping Sparrows.
    Good thing we put out food for those confused early arrivals that find their way to our yard. We once again had around 30 turkeys visit our feeding station. I WANT SPRING AND I WANT IT NOW!

Ronni likes this.
  4. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

The coldest most bitter rain this morning and now the sun is out (NOT that I'm complaining at all)

Ronni likes this.
  5. SylvieB

SylvieB New Seed

The snow missed us, thankfully! Plus the sun is out so I'm okay with temps in the 20's. We've had chickadees and nuthatches all winter, and the last couple days I've seen these small stripe-y things, maybe some type of sparrow? No robins yet. I'm waiting for spring as well! :fingerscrossed: :flower:

Advertisement
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

When would you expect a Texan to say, "We need SUN!"
    It's been overcast and misty for three days--no gardening, no outside if you can stay inside, and the hens are pitching hissies. Usually this time of year I'm finishing up planting the vegetable gardens, cleaning the last bits out of the flower beds, and harvesting lettuces and green onions. We snatch small windows of semi-dry to mow the grass, but still end up with clumps of wet grass on the back lawn.
    I haven't even put my starts out to harden off because the weather is too up-and-down. I don't know what we did to irritate Mother Nature, but whatever it was, I am sincerely apologetic:shrug:.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  7. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

YIKES Marling-how do hens pitch whatever a hissy is?:smt005

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

OH, Tooty, you don't want to know! First they give you the chicken hairy eyeball, then they all go into the coop where you are not and start to cluck, mutter, and make other hen noises. A Hissy fit is basically a snit. Hens do it so well . . . .