We've Internet!!!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by KK Ng, Aug 19, 2017.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

We went into town yesterday to enjoy some free internet from Starbucks to catch up with what is going on back home. Then we decided to get connection using wireless internet even though it is very expensive and have very poor coverage where my son's house is. Looks like internet is part of our daily life, it's a necessity now.

We have been here for 3 days now and we are settling in well. It is like migrating, everything is new and the people here are different. We have to look for places to get our daily supply, groceries and so on and so on. It is exciting to find new places and speak a dialect which is slightly different.

Yes we are adapting :)

Philip Nulty, 2ofus and Frank like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. eileen
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Philip Nulty
      Replies:
      Views:

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Didn`t I read somewhere that you were going on another trip ? You are getting to be the world traveler KK. Have fun !

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Internet is getting to be as necessary as electricity. You don't know you miss it until you don't have it and then you scramble to get it back :)

Philip Nulty likes this.
  5. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Enjoy :) sounds like you're on a wonderful adventure. Anywhere I go I now find me asking if there is internet. It IS now part of life to have it.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  6. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Things are getting into a full swing here, it is noisy and dusty with all those construction going on. My main job is almost completed with one more bathroom to go. If things go on smoothly I think we can go home at the end of the month. :)

Yes Mart we are travelling again but this time only domestic and it is a tour of duty as a father! Nonetheless it is a good change from the daily routine back home. :)

Yes Frank it is indeed important to be connected even the connection is poor.

Thanks Islandlife, it is indeed an adventure and had already discover some new things especially in the food department.