What have you done today in the Garden?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by razyrsharpe, Jan 20, 2014.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Actually it will help. that is the recommended fix for skunks ... just saying... try it, just don't let anyone see you doing it. they will think you are deranged. or not, after remembering one of your outdoor urinal posts.

Cayuga Morning, Sjoerd and hummerbum like this.
  2. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

I am atempting to up root 5 rebar that are over 4 ft deep they are/were the legs to a trellis out side a garden box. The problem is they are outside and amke mowing and weed eating a real pain. So I decided to move them to inside the box right against the frame giving me a smooth outer surface. I got the trellis down and got all the tie raps and zip ties and etc cleaned off and started wiggling and putting in water and turning with a pipe wrench and after an hour I got 3 of them up not easy at all but I am stubborn and once I started they are coming out!! Just came in for a break a glass of water and a sweat rag. I am down to tee shirt and bibs and sweating as I struggle to pull the rebar up.

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Roaring with laughter.....I'm afraid that my rep is irreparably damaged already. chortle.
    I can well imagine that it could work, but I can't find it over here. Perhaps I will use my own. Do you think the bunnies will be able to perceive my mean intentions with their noses?

Cayuga Morning and carolyn like this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh dear, I can't delete this here message.

Advertisement
  5. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

I got all 8 of the rebar pulled up was quite a task I hadda jet water in wiggle wilggle and twist round with a pipe wrench after much wiggling and twisting i was able to uproot them.Today we off to town for a movie and lunch celibrating Pegs birthday. Tomorrow they get replanted and re trellised.

Cayuga Morning and carolyn like this.
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Ayep... S, you are ruined. everyone in the world knows now... not! over here though, good grief you are tarred and feathered and labeled a predator... if you were to urinate in public even if you thought no one could see you.... no matter how badly you needed to take care of that business. so maybe it will work to just use your own. see, the bunny knows already we are predators.... it knows our laws. .

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Carolyn, Carolyn---I didn't mean that I would flop out my business and walk around the perimeter of my lottie whistling and peeing as I went. hahaha. What were you thinking?! Chortle. That would be cavalier, wouldn't it. No, I would pee in a container inside the privacy of the the garden house then walk and pour around the fence. chortle.
    It is true that I do sometimes wet the compost in a moment of need...but that must be carefully planned with the neighbour women and the passing trains in mind. A gardeners; life isn't always easy.

This is probably waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more info than you needed, eh?:snicker:
    This whole conversation has my sides aching from the laughing. The bride just shook her head and ruffled my hair with a wink.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  8. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

January's garden projects are proceeding well. We have only a blue berry bed to cage but that aint pressing since they dormant at the moment. We now have all the trellises inside the garden boxes and all the boxes fenced in with doggy deterrent chicken wire. now we have to build the blue berry box and do some pruning in preparation of February's fertilizer project and lemon harvest.

9. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Nada - zip, ziltch. All frozen and under SNOW :(

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We had errands to take care of and it rained a bit today (a whoopin' 12 hundredths of an inch) and it got cold. Should be good for gardening at least a couple of days next week. But I did have time last night to make a list of where some seeds are going and when they need to be put in the ground....now we will see if that actually happens this year as it hasn't in the last few years.

11. FloraPie

FloraPie New Seed

My Pomegranate and I pondered potting and placement.

Attached Files:

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  12. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

S. ... well, I am sure everyone is relieved... literally and figuratively!.......

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

14. FloraPie

FloraPie New Seed

Killer branch inspection. Just days ago I wondered when this tree had last been seen by an arborist because it worried me a bit. It worries me a lot more now though..

When branches of this size crack and fall, there's about 3 seconds (if you're lucky) to get out from under them. This one would have been a killer for sure so no more picnics there then eh? It stands only ten feet from my little tin roofed cottage :eek:

Attached Files:

15. kate

kate In Flower

I walked round it: too cold and damp.
    :stew2:
    K