What's not to like about our invaders from the US?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Raddang, May 28, 2017.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Wow Raddang it is funny to hear that some one at some past time would have brought Grey Squirrel's over to the UK from the US. It is sad to think that they carry a virus the is killing your native Red squirrels. Thats what happens when we humans interfere with nature. I love the albino squirrels so unusual. We have black-grey squirrels which are neat to see. No pic of that one though.

We have Grey squirrels, Red squirrels, and Fox squirrel's that come to our feeders. The fox is the biggest of the 3 breeds and has a beautiful coat. This year the Red squirrels did a lot of damage to our Blue Bird houses by chewing the openings bigger. So we had to fix them. Usually our squirrels do not do any kind of damage. The first pic is of one of the Fox squirrel having a drink of Oriole jelly juice I put out. The second is of one of our little resident Red squirrels that decided to take a nap on top of one of the feeders DSCN3246.JPG DSCN3524.JPG .

2. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

Lovely pictures Tooty and I am happy that not all see them as downright vermin. After all, we are probably in THEIR territory ;);)

Tooty2shoes likes this.