Which compost to use?

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by Amadeo, May 22, 2016.

1. Amadeo

Amadeo New Seed

I've recently posted a thread with a question about Peace Lilly repotting. And advices given to me by all the people were very helpful. But I have one more question now, finally coming to the decision of planting my Peace Lilly in just normal compost mix I bought one from Homebase, of which I'm attaching pictures below:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    However now I'm in doubt whether I bought the right one. It says on it that it contain plant food already, and when I came back home from the shop I recalled that Peace Lillies needs to be fertilised about 1 time per 3 months, so I'm a bit worrying that if this compost having plant food in it already then each week that I'm watering the Lilly it will be released, and I worry if this is right? I also want to repot Parlour Palm and Dracaena 'Golden Coast' Lindii with it, and also worrying whether it will be right to use it for those plants and whether it won't make them ill and kill them eventually? Would be nice to get some advices, if someone knows what would be the best for me to do? :smt001

2. Loading...