Why do some plants not have an avatar?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Help' started by purpleinopp, Feb 5, 2015.

1. purpleinopp

purpleinopp Young Pine Plants Contributor

Here's a snippet of my plant list on here. Two of the plants don't show an avatar although there are pics in the entry. Thanks!
    Untditled.png

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

The photo will show up after I have a chance to fill in information gaps that might exist on the plant, create the Avatar and Index the plant page (meaning make the page visible to search engines).

One problem we had last year was that in the old software there was a glitch on the list of un-Indexed plant pages that let some of them 'fall through the cracks' therefore I never saw them. And it appears that changing over to the new software brought out more that had been hidden from me and your Aglaonema 'Black Cherry' seems to be one of those.

On the plant pages that need more information, if you could go ahead and put in as much as you can from either your experience with them or the information on the plant tag, that would help me get them Indexed quicker.

Frank likes this.
  4. purpleinopp

Yes, I'd be happy to. Thanks so much for your note & for working on this. This site looks slick now, BTW! Lovin' it!

5. purpleinopp

I went through and edited something in regard to every plant on my list that doesn't have an avatar.

Frank likes this.

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Thanks ever so much for the help PIO, that will cut the time down a lot.
    I started at the "Z" plants last week.....who knew so many plant names started with the letter Z? o_O Only have 1311 (A-Y) to go, but most of those don't have photos and the ones with photos take priority.

purpleinopp likes this.
  7. purpleinopp

LOL! IDK, but it sounds like you have an idea! TY for working on this. :)

...keep forgetting to say, it's the way plants appear on search results too, not just list of plants in my garden. So much better with a pic next to the name!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015