Will Garden bed helps in better yields?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by veggiess, Oct 26, 2016.

1. veggiess

veggiess New Seed

I am growing vegetables in my backyard. I started a year ago. Currently, I'm growing only the easiest crops like tomatoes, potatoes and so. I wish to increase the yields in the coming years. Space is a constraint, but I want to grow as much as I could.
    I heard that garden beds are ideal for small spaces. I read about its benefits and it is told here that you can get better yields with this technique. This is new to me, so, I wish to get suggestions and advice for building a garden bed.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2016
  2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Hi there and welcome to the group !! I assume you are talking about Raised Beds ?
    That would be an enclosed form,,usually wooden frame that you fill with compost ect ? It is a good way to grow vegetables in smaller spaces. Another thing to check into is Keyhole gardens. Both of these could be rotated with early and late vegetables to expand your production. The choice of plants needs to be taken into account for both methods,,some are sprawlers and others more compact. For vine plants you can also use a trellis system to save space.

4. Jacqueline1234

Jacqueline1234 New Seed

I am a newbie looking to start gardening, I wish someone can