winter flower

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by RoyFelton, Feb 10, 2017.

1. RoyFelton

RoyFelton New Seed

Hei guys,
    Which are the best seeds that can be planted in the winter season and which all flowers will bloom at the time of snow? I love flowers soo much and I always wanted to see my garden covered up with flowers. Can anyone suggest me such types of plants?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. goodguys3
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Jewell
      Replies:
      Views:

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Welcome to the Stew! It would be very helpful if you would tell us where you are under your name (for example, Ohio USA, zone 6) so we could give you better advice. We are in Texas, and my advice and suggestions are okay for some areas, but just don't work for Canada!
    Flowers don't bloom in winter in most places. For color in a winter garden, people rely on plants that have color, but not blooms. The evergreens like Alberta Spruce, perennials like Red-twigged Dogwood, holly for red berries, and plants that have interesting structural shapes like Corkscrew Hazel.
    Flowering Quince will flower in winter, but is a thorny shrub that gets quite large, and you may not want that.
    Let us know where you are, how much area you have to work with, and any other information you feel is important. We really want to help!

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Snowdrops, Scilla and Hellebores are some of the earliest bloomers here in zone 5.