Young Gardener

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Macbrine, May 17, 2013.

1. Macbrine

Macbrine Seedling

Hey Guys, I just made a new youtube channel and uploaded my first video and if you guys could watch it and give me suggestions on how to make it more exciting or what i should do with the channel please let me know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfQmFqiaLVw

eileen, gardenelf and Jadenz like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi MacBrine, this is awesome. Subscribed and I'll definitely be watching. I'm sure there are many more young gardeners out there that would be appreciative of a YouTube channel tailored to them (and also fun for older gardeners to watch also).

You should place the link to your YouTube channel into your forum signature here at the Stew.

Great job and your garden looks tidy!

4. Macbrine

Macbrine Seedling

Thank you! I added to my signature.

5. gardenelf

gardenelf In Flower

Wow, impressive collection of veggies, Macbrine 8) Looking healthy, can't wait to see them do their stuff outdoors in those great looking beds. Have you figured out yet what's digging up the onion bed? Maybe other Stewbies have ideas. Is placing a webcam an idea?
    Your voice boring? Not at all, I found your comments interesting and amusing (especially when you made "friends" with little bugs out in the garden).

That tomato-with-the-long-name is a beauty, Cosmonaut Volkov.
    Tomato grower & former space engineer Igor Mikhailovich Maslov named this variety after his friend, Volkov.
    Cosmonaut Vladislav Volkov was one of the crewmembers of the ill fated Soyuz 11, which depressurised during re-entry on 30th June 1971, killing him and the other two cosmonauts on board.
    (Not sure about you, but I love it when plant names have stories to them.)
    Needless to say I subscribed, and look forward to watching your video's. Happy filming! :stew1:

Frank and Macbrine like this.

Advertisement
  6. Macbrine

Macbrine Seedling

WOW, i had no idea of the story behind the tomato, that is really interesting! Thank you so much, and ya i am in the process of looking for a camera possibly a deercam to put up.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Excellent video and even better plants. I hope you have bats moving into your bat house sometime soon and that you catch the onion digger. Keep uo the good work. :-D

8. Jadenz

Jadenz Seedling

Cool video! I really like how you organize stuff because that's how I do it too. I even have a indoor garden with a shop light so I can keep stuff inside in the winter.

I'm growing radishes and I wanted to know why yours turned yellow and red so I checked that out. I found a trouble shooting list for radishes and I think it's the 9th issue on the list because that's the only one that discusses red on the seedlings.
    This is the link to the list.
    http://www.harvesttotable.com/2009/06/radish_growing_problems_troubl/

If it is that fungus then you should pull out those bad seedlings.

Macbrine likes this.