....And He's Off!!!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Cayuga Morning, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Husband is going on a bike trip from the Boston area to Erie PA. Here are photos of his take off.

[​IMG]
    I'm leaving on a jet plane...no a bike! ( photo / image / picture from Cayuga Morning's Garden )

[​IMG]
    All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go ( photo / image / picture from Cayuga Morning's Garden )

[​IMG]
    But the dawn is breaking, its early morn ( photo / image / picture from Cayuga Morning's Garden )

[​IMG]
    I'm leaving on a jet bike, don't know when I'll be back again ( photo / image / picture from Cayuga Morning's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Every place I go I'll think of you ( photo / image / picture from Cayuga Morning's Garden )

[​IMG]
    I'm leaving on a jet bike.. ( photo / image / picture from Cayuga Morning's Garden )

toni, waretrop, carolyn and 7 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

This is great. Will he go on pike paths or stay on the roads. How many hours will he do each day? Will he ride home also or will he fly? Maybe you will go pick him up?

4. Cayuga Morning

Hi Barb, Donna, Fran & Henry,

He actually left a week ago Sunday. He biked over the Berkshires of MA,(that was tough) then followed the bike trail next to the Erie Canal. It apparently is a major east-west bike path. He is now headed for Erie PA. He is very very pleased with himself. He is no spring chicken (can you see his white hair under the helmit?) & he feels great being able to do this.

I will drive out to catch up with him just south of Buffalo at our family farm on Sunday. He & I are then going to cycle through the Niagara Peninsula in Canada! I can't wait. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. :)

Thanks Henry, Donna, Frank for your well wishes, seeds & patches. We should have fun.

5. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

So what's it going to take him, 8 days? You will do the last 2 days with him??

I don't bike anymore but I would love to...I miss it. Glad to see you both do it. Sooo good for your health.

Advertisement
  6. Cayuga Morning

Hi Barb,

Today is day 11. He has pedaled 647 miles so far, so he is averaging about 60 miles a day. He's had 3 flat tires so far, among other bike issues, so that has slowed his pace a little.

When I join him, we will bike the circumpherence of the Niagara Peninsula, which is about 90 miles. Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, St Catherine, Fort something. We'll do about 30 miles a day in 3 days, stopping to sight see, dine at restaurants, etc. I plan on doing nifty things with wet wipes so I look presentable. I even have a non-wrinkle skirt I can put over my bikes shorts. What else is a girl to do? I can easily do about 30 miles a day....I can't do 60.... Plus the Niagara Peninsula is essentially flat. That's about my speed.

Henry Johnson likes this.
  7. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

This sounds like such a great summer adventure! I do hope you have a safe, good ride! Have Fun!

8. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Great adventure!!! Wish I can do that :)

9. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Have fun. DB rides a lot. Did the Ragbri here in Iowa. It is going now. 12-000 riders.

10. Cayuga Morning

Wow, KK! That sounds amazing!

11. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

Wow what a great adventure. I would do something like that but my one knee tells me otherwise lol. Have a safe trip !