6th January Little Christmas

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by i love bugs, Dec 30, 2005.

1. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

:D :D The men in gardenstew probably wont appreciate this but I thought Id have a laugh and tell you about little christmas and the way it is celebrated in some parts of Ireland. In traditional households it is the men who do the cooking and cleaning on this day in recognition of all the hard work that women have done over the christmas ;) shopping and shopping and o yes shopping. Anyone got any good recipes to that I can cook for love of my life :D Bugs

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gor some great recipes for sweets (candy) and toffees if they're of any use to you ILB. Just let me know and I'll post a few for you. :D

4. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Geeeeesh, since I retired and my wife kept working, I been doing that all the time anyhow! So she should cook for me! :D

5. i love bugs

Well I cooked the dinner and it was a great success. Turkey and ham and all the usual trimmings. I have to say I really enjoyed it. My wife and I went to the supermarket and I think most of her friends were suprised to find she had a real man in her life :D :D . This morning she asked me if I would like to go again . . I told it would be too much excitment for me so soon and I might leave it until next year ;) Bugs

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Ahhhhkkk Eileen, how did you know I was hungry! Now I've definitely got to drag myself away from the laptop and go eat something! Actually you probaby did me a favour :D

Your presentation skills are great by the way!:D

7. i love bugs

Looks great Eileen , hope its scottish salmon 8) nothing nicer, enjoy the meal Bugs

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sure was Bugs nothing else would do. :D Tasted lovely even although I say so myself. :oops: Followed it up with a strawberry moussey, fromage freis concoction thingy I made from our own (frozen) strawberries. Gone before I had a chance to take a piccie. :eek: