A different lambs ear type? stems and single pink flowers.

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Green_Numb, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Green_Numb

Green_Numb In Flower

Hi, i have 2 varieties of lambs ear in my yard. The first is in my backyard and its what i see most people on the net refer to as lambs ear when talking about lambs ear. It has the tall spikes with the little purple flowers on.

Well in my front yard is another lambs ear that is different. It kinda starts of growing the same but it doesn't have the long thick flower stalks, instead it has these single pink/purple flowers at the end of a long stem.

I could post a pic of what the flowers look like but i dont own the image on the website i saw it at. All i was wondering is....is there a different name for this variety and why do i only see one type dominating the general consensus of what lambs ear is on the internet?

anyone know much about lambs ear varieties?

here it is pre-stems and blooms..
    [​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Green_Numb's Garden )

G_N

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

4. Green_Numb

Green_Numb In Flower

Yes Netty that is it!

i did some additional searching under Rose Campion and it definitely is it. Thanks, i have learned something new as i do a lot here on this site.

I will try to remember it as rose campion but i see others sometimes call it..mullein pink, gardener's delight, bloody William, and Our Lady's Rose.

so many names for plants in different places.

G_N

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I've seen it called Mullein Pink here as well. I once saw a mass planting on the high side of someones ditch in full bloom...it looked awesome!